Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with food plan calories and HR contribution

Hi all, 

I hope someone can help me with this as it is not entirely clear. When in a deficit food plan to lose weight via the app and you have HR monitor active on your fitbit.... as well as recognising certain exercises.....  can anyone tell me if any auto recognised exercises i do count towards the calories? i can consume if i wished eat them?.... also on the same note if i do an exercise such as weights but it not auto recognised but the HR Monitor detects i have gone in to which ever HR zone will those calories burned automatically add to my calories available in the selected food plan.

So in essence will the Heart rate monitor contribute calories i can eat automatically abd the same for the auto recognised activities. or is it just steps walked?

Thankyou

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

ALL exercise you do is counted as part of your Daily Burn Total (TDEE).

Anything you do, while wearing the devices, count.

Even if you don't wear it, you'll be given a rate of burn equal to sleeping - so could be vastly underestimated depending on what you are doing, but you got something.

Subtract 250, 500, 750, or 1000 to create deficit - that's what you eat.

That's what Fitbit is doing.

How the exercise is seen and logged doesn't matter.

You creating an Workout Record because you have more accurate calorie burn info (like HR-based calorie burn for weights is inflated, but some devices use the database more accurate rate of burn even though they show the HR, same as during the day shows HR but distance-based calorie burn is used from steps) adds to the daily total.

Fitbit creating an Activity Record to view the stats seen during a workout adds to the daily total.

You going for a walk that isn't intense enough to create an Activity Record adds to the daily total.

You merely need to eat less than you burn in total (TDEE) by a reasonable amount to lose fat weight.

Creating too big a deficit can have negative effects.

So good job wanting to get it right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes