Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does 10% incline on treadmill translate to ft/mile for "stairs"?

My treadmill is set at at a 10% incline and burns calories at a higher rate than when it is set at no incline. By manually entering distance I get steps, but I don't know what my change in elevation would be to enter as a flight of stairs for a 10' change in elevation as if I were climbing a hill.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@CaroleBUnfortunately there is no way of manually adding floors, this link helps explain why.. Floors

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Easiest solution is to find a high school kid doing trigonometry..... its a fairly simple calculation to workout the elevation change, but I can't remember how.... cos.. sin...alpha...d... its all in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Divide the % incline by 100 

for a 10% incline 

10/100 = 0.1

2.  Multiple answer by 5,280 (number of feet in a mile)

0.1 x 5,280 = 528 feet

So, with the incline set at 10% you climb 528 feet per mile.   

So if you walked 2 miles at this incline you climbed 2 x 528 feet = 1056 ft...... 3 miles = 1584 .....

if you walk 54 miles you will climb the equivelent of Mt Everest! 

Best Answer

If your goal is to increase your floors count, you're out of luck.  If your goal is to more accurately reflect your calories burned, log the activity manually.  (Increasing your floor count wouldn't affect your calories, anyway, I don't think.)

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Best Answer
0 Votes