Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Calories burned in Hot Pilates (HIIT)

I workout daily and teach daily in a heated studio 98 degrees 40% humidity. The class is a high intensity low impact interval training class. Some with weights some without. I haven’t been able to accurately tell how many calories I burn while working out or teaching. I do a lot of the exercises while teaching, sometimes my heart rate is higher when I teach, most likely because I’m talking while I’m exercising. How can I calculate accurate calories burned. What activity would be closest? Or is there a website like healthstatus.com that will calculate calories for me so I can manually enter my workout activity? My Fitbit is only calculating mid to upper 300s for an hour of hot HIIT. I just can’t believe that’s all I’m burning. Please help! My students need answers as well. I have a Fitbit Charge 3. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Why are you expecting to burn more than that with Hot HIIT?  That’s pretty good for an hour of exercise. The heat has nothing to do with burning calories if that’s what you are thinking. The calorie estimation is based on your heart rate. If you want to burn more you need to get your heart rate up higher. Your Fitbit will be more accurate than some calculator.

Best Answer

The number of calories will depend greatly on the weight of the individual, plus their heart rate during the exercise. There's no way to come up with a number that fits everyone.

We don't know any of your stats, you didn't include height/weight/cadio fitness level. What is your average heart rate during this activity?

All that said, 300 sounds too low. I can't get about double that in an hour, but again it depends on the specific numbers, which we don't have.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer