Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many stairs

ANSWERED

How many Stairs counts as a flight? I feel somedays I get more then others and I do the same amount?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From How does my Fitbit device count floors climbed?  

"Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

From How does my Fitbit device count floors climbed?  

"Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you JohnnyRow

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jjessj18 @JohnnyRow  that's correct, you guys are awesome! Thank you for helping out @kacurry03.

@kacurry03, In case you need further assistance with your Fitbit device, you can also start a topic on the board of the Fitbit device you own.

Stay safe guys and see you around! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes