Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log swimming

I just got the Charge 4 a couple weeks ago. We just opened our pool and I would like to start tracking my pool time. On the Charge 4, under the swimming option, it asks for your pool length (in meters or yards), with a minimum size of "10". We have an 18 foot round pool (52 inches deep), is there a way to track your swimming without having to put in the size of your pool? I know its supposed to auto-recognize the activities, but I can't always do 10+ minutes of straight breast or butterfly stroke in order for it to do this - it auto recognized the first time I used it, I must've did enough for it to track it. Since then, it has not auto recognized since then. Just looking for any suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Just start a workout called whatever you want, you merely need the time stamps in case you don't care to try to remember what it is until later.

Later, manually create a Workout Record for swimming, using the start/duration from the Activity Record you logged, and just put in the intensity but no length done which is optional.

Remember this is overall intensity, so if you are very intense for couple laps, but then stand and recover for decent chunk of time - Vigorous is not the description for total chunk of time.

Won't be as accurate as per distance and time - but you don't have that ability.

Once you create your Workout Record you can keep or delete the Activity Record - the calories have been replaced already so it doesn't matter - but if HR was in there - keep it for review later, you can add notes to that too for later review.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes