Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hit my peak by accident

Hi all,

Be gentle as this is my first post.

I've had my Fitbit Charge 2 for a week now, and I'm loving it.

However, even though I go to the gym 3 times a week, doing Bodyweight training, I hit my peak in one morning (this morning) by doing something completely random - shovelling 2 tonnes of chippings this morning for just over a hour.

You see, where I live I have to drive up a lane, which this time of year can get rather mucky.  So to make it possible through the winter months, especially the wet U.K. months we get, I make a point of laying 2 tonnes of chippings this time of year.

So my message, and challenge, to you all, is try doing something random, but dynamic, today.  You may be surprised, like I was.

👍🏻

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, @SunsetRunner, if I shoveled 2.4 tons of gravel in my driveway, I would hit my peak!  Smiley Happy  Fortunately, I use the tracker with a blade to spread the gravel on our long driveway, and I don't even break a sweat.

But, exercise is exercise, so you're doing good!

Best Answer

What ever works for you! Woot!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thats a really good work out. Love it. I don't do anything like that, but in the beginning of the season we get a delivery of pellets for our stove. It is one ton worth in 40 pound bags. They are dropped in our driveway. My son and husband then move those bags into the garage and stack them up for the fall/winter. By the time they are done, they are a sweaty mess and need a nap. Once per year, they hit their peak together, in shared misery.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Hi emili,

It certainly felt like misery at the time, as I had to walk up and down a sloped lane as well.  I've never sweated so much when the temperature is just 1 deg C.  Still, clocked up a good number of steps on the Fitibit, and burned quite a few calories.

My lower back is still reminding me today how hard a job it was... 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few months ago, when I still had a Flex (I now have an Alta), I hit my goal while I was bulding a cat tree and moving things around so I had a good place for it. Doing housework or yardwork definitely counts as exercise.

Best Answer