Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I should probably take my own advice...

So I somehow came down with a summer cold, which is odd, as I tend to get sick when the seasons change, but oh, well. What's really sucky about it is I have not felt up for doing my walking videos in the morning and my afternoon exercise. I really fell short of my step goal Wednesday, when I stayed at home from work, and somehow made it to 10,000 steps yesterday. I know I should focus on getting better, but I hate feeling this way.

That said, I'm drinking a lot of fluids--iced tea, water, herbal infusions with agave nectar (I don't use honey)--and it has me running to the bathroom at least every hour, so at least I'm getting my steps in that way. I just need a little commiseration.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm so sorry you are sick. I do the same when I'm sick drink a lot of fluids. Its the only thing that tastes good.

Do feel better soon!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you get well soon @DanielleinDC! I think the best of this is that you're not giving up even when you're sick. You're still managing to get your step goal, which is something really good. You shouldn't feel bad as you're doing a great job. 🙂 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you don't take care of you now when you are sick, it will take you longer to get better. your step goal will be there when you are better and you can go on beat it each day and fist pump yourself. but until then, drink, rest and take your own advice.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes