Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've just got no motivation since my Fitbit broke.....

So I had my trusty Charge HR for almost a year until two weeks ago it stopped tracking my HR properly during exercise which was annoying because I love to check my HR to ensure I'm really pushing myself...Normally I go to the gym everyday on my lunch hour and will do one/two classes but since my Fitbit broke I only went once last week and haven't been at all this week, I feel lost without it.

Fitbit Support were great and issued me with a replacement which was the Charge 2, it came on Monday and I was soooo excited to use it but then it failed to pair with the App on my phone and after numerous trouble shoots etc, they agreed to send me another replacement which was shipped yesterday - wahooo...Hoping to receive this on Friday.

I know its purely physiological but has anyone else found how unmotivated they feel and become when they don't have a fitbit?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@KMAF I am happy to hear that support is taking care of you. But you hit the nail on the head about it being in your mind. Your tracker just tells the story of what you are doing. It doesn't do it for you. No one walks more or loses weight because of the tracker.. they do because of things they are doing that directly cause the outcome.. the tracker just assigns numbers to the activity. I completely understand the emotional attachment, but I would encourage you to carry on with or without your tracker.. the reward is the same.. good health..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have any kind of step tracker on your cell phone? Most cell phones today have that capability in the “Heath” section of your phone. Or you can download several Free Apps on Google Play or IOS. Just use the internet to sign in, or continue using the FitBit App anyway, logging your own exercise to keep track. You can do it! I’m the only one right now staying fit in my home, so I understand the challenge. Don’t give up!😊😀
Best Answer

Fitbit has a feature called MobileTrack in the app. It's designed to be used when you've forgotten your tracker during exercise, and might work well in the meantime. No heart rate, but it will get the steps, distance, calories burned.

Here's more about it:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1875

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer