Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Hockey

ANSWERED

Anyone ever use their Fitbit while playing hockey? Does it actually provide any feed back about your motion/exercise and is it alright to sweat heavily while wearing it? I am interested to hear other's experiences while on the ice. Thank you!

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi there. I have had very good luck with my fitbit Ionic this season. Previously I was wearing the Flex hoping it would autorecognize activity, but it didn't. I wear the ionic under my glove and last thing I do when I leave the dressing room is start a "workout" session. Only once have I accidentally paused the workout mid game. Otherwise it records the activity really well. I log the activity, it counts my calories and hear rate activity, and it's amazing to look back at the graphs post game because you can log your shifts based on spikes of heart rate / caloric burn activity. Also you can see your recovery rate on the bench. Someone suggested a sweatband over the tracker, under the glove which is a good idea. Ignore step count, strides and steps are 2 different things. A typical 40 min game is good for 500 calories. Then a couple of beers in the parking lot after the game and I'm net zero, but who cares! Enjoy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also for hockey- but the link provided to the POST is not available or i don't have access to it.  Can it be reposted?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes