Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for Weight Lifting at Home

ANSWERED

💪😄 Get ready to start a new routing! Have you tried weight lifting at home? 

Whether your goal is to build muscle mass or achieve a fitter, more toned body or lose some pounds. Weight lifting can help you get there. You can use your body weight for many exercises or use free weights, resistance bands, or other home fitness equipment to get results.

• Create a dedicated space at home
  • Make your own weight water bottles, backpack filled with books, paint cans, etc.
  • Women generally start with a set of two 5- to 10-pound weights, and men start with a set of two 10- to 20-pound weights.
  • Check right form and posture during weight training 

Weightlifting benefits

1. Reduce Depression Symptoms and Fight Osteoporosis
  2. You can burn 90–133 calories in each 30-minute floor session
  3. Better heart health and this is the best way to get a lean, toned and fit body

5-Minute Moves to Tone Your Entire Body - Fitbit Blog

Give it a try, you might love it!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great ideas with heavy things around the house people may forget about. And old broom handles can take some weight on the ends.

At least some stores are starting to get equipment back to buy, compared to bad shortages in some areas.

BodyWeight Routines

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

You really can do a lot with bodyweight. A door frame pull-up bar plus a resistance band to give you a little boost makes for great low cost at home exercise equipment. Add the TRX straps and you can do all kinds of bodyweight exercises.  

And, since it is exercise equipment, you can always hang clothes from it 😂

IMG_7380.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Les Mills BodyPump streaming on the big screen TV, 2 or 3 times a week. I have 3, 5, 8, 10, & 12 lb. pairs of dumbbells and 15,18, and 24 lb. weighted bars. The weights take up very little room. I also do some random lifting and stretching with the weights, and power walk about 4.2 miles every day, rain or shine, hot or cold. I'm 72 years young.

Best Answer

Loved your picture @Baltoscott thanks sharing this fantastic idea, it doesn't require to much space and as you mentioned it might be also used it to hand something else there. 😁

@iHiker those are excellent suggestions. Congratulations, that's a great online workout. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott I use a similar setup indoors, but mostly, for pullups and dead hangs, I use this:

20210306_213832.jpg

Best Answer

That looks pretty cool, @t.parker .  Designed for developing rock climbers? 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott yeah. I pretty much replaced the regular pull-up bar with the fingerboard. Recently, my wife started using it as she was suffering some lower back pains and found out that dead hang exercise actually gives relief. I have a regular pull-up bar in the room upstairs and TRX and resistance bands set up in the conservatory. I wanted to buy a power tower and place it in the conservatory, but since lockdown hit the UK, the sports equipment is a) very expensive b) hard to get what you need. I managed to get a moon board though for the garden (over 3.5m tall construction, I thought my wife would start shooting lasers from her eyes at me after seeing this taking so much of garden space - lucky for me, she ran out of lasers :D) but indoor fingerboard is good in the morning, helps me to wake up 😄

Best Answer

@t.parker Awesome hangboard training 😍. I'd like to see the moonboard that you got for your garden, so glad to hear that your wife was happy with the idea. I've heard that climbing a wall will work every muscle group in your body, and it's also a fabulous cardiovascular workout. 💪

Best Answer

I subscribe to Cathe Friedrich's OnDemand and Live. 100s of different workouts from weightlifting to cardio, barre, yoga - and everything in between. Great for the person who works out at home.

Best Answer

Hey @ThumbedCat nice to see you here. That's a great program, I'm sure you've seen the results, in terms of strength training, you could see a 10% increase in what you can lift each month for the first four to six months. I hope you can share more about it here on the Health & Wellness forums.

Best Answer

Great ideas with heavy things around the house people may forget about. And old broom handles can take some weight on the ends.

At least some stores are starting to get equipment back to buy, compared to bad shortages in some areas.

BodyWeight Routines

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

Thank you for sharing those routines @Heybales 😉.

I really like the beginner bodyweight routine. I usually don't mark posts as the best answer here since all your answers are great for me, but I will make an exception since I think we have very useful links here. 🤠

Till next time!

Best Answer
0 Votes