Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you could walk or run anywhere in the world....

Here's a fun / dreamy thought to contemplate.  If you could walk or run absolutely anywhere in the country or world (with your FitBit counting steps), and cost and time restrictions weren't an issue, where would it be?  

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I would probably aim for somewhere off planet like Mars or one of the moons of Jupiter....I would love to look at the geology there.

Best Answer

Stephen

I would def walk along side a large beach resort 

Dont want to name countries but have been to 7 diff ones and all have been nice and would love to go to more 

Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

I want to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge from Marin County to San Francisco. I've drivven across it many times, and I've seen people in the pedestrian lanes walking, running, skating and bike riding. I want to look at the beautiful Pacific Ocean and the beautiful city by the bay.

Best Answer
Do it!? It's wonderful!? I've run across the Golden Gate Bridge twice and it is thrilling?
Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

You should come to my beautiful country - New Zealand.  We have many beautiful places to run/walk.

Best Answer

What's the best time of year to visit New Zealand or does it depend on the region? What would you recommend seeing most? 

Stephen | USA

Best Answer

Walking in New Zealand wold be another dream come true--a check off my bucket list!  Smiley Happy

Stephen | USA

Best Answer

I just love San Francisco and said 3 years ago that I wanted to walk, not drive across. I have not been there in 3 years though. I have plans to go up there during the spring. 

Best Answer

I have heard that New Zealand is so beautiful. I would also like to go to the Australian Outback and see the Uluru and walk up it. Pretty far from where I live, which is San Diego, California USA.

Best Answer
Just remember to wear a warm jacket.? It's windy and cool on the bridge--but oh so lovely.?
Stephen | USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

A tropical beach - one of my favorites is Cabarete, Dominican Republic - gorgeous sandy beach, cooling breezes and being able to watch the kite surfers while walking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That sounds lovely
Stephen | USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would run amongst the California Redwoods.

Just trying to get healthy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After spending two weeks in Finland recently, I'd say Finland is an excellent, if not obvious, choice. Yes, Finland is a beautiful, clean, safe country with good cell service in remote areas. 😉 And, the country seems designed to encourage fitness with cycling/skiing/walking paths throughout Helsinki as well as the smaller villages and National parks.

But a few things make Finland stand out as an excellent choice for those wanting high step counts this time of year. One is that Finland has liberal "right to roam" laws so you can go anywhere across Finland's beautiful wooded and lake-strewn countryside. Wild berries are everywhere and we were eating handfuls of berries on hikes. The wild strawberries literally taste like candy.

The weather is nice during the summer for walking with shady back roads, warm sun and cool breezes. But if you get hot just jump into the large body of water you are inevitably near. Lakes as you probably know abound in Finland. No swimsuit? No problem. My impression is that Finns love to jump in lakes in the buff and don't mind if others do as well. Even if you're shy most places are remote from others. 

Because Finland is so far North, the days are very long during mid summer and the nights still have good visibility. So we never had to worry about getting lost in the dark.

Lastly, no matter what your accommodations are, you will likely have access to a sauna when staying in Finland. An evening sauna with a midnight swim is a wonderful way to help avoid sore muscles and to feel refreshed for a new day.

Best Answer
There is actually a race you would love then!? They have a half and full marathon that runs through the redwoods called Avenue of the Giants here in California. I've done it and highly recommend it.?
Stephen | USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked it up and that sounds like the perfect event for me, however I need to figure out how I am going to get there...it's a 12-14 hour drive from my end of California. Thank you for the suggestion. It is now on my bucket list.

Just trying to get healthy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The great wall of China.  I think that would be incredible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Up Mt. Fuji!

Best Answer

1. Great Wall of China

2. Mt. Everest

3. Rome

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer