Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to excercise for over 1 hoir with max hear rate?

Hey guys..i have been running since 4 months n had no heart rate monitor..so mostly my goal were time n distance based using application like runtastic n s health

Week back i bought blaze so i could get my heart rate data during run...n first run i made with this watch is 10km...though i have ran 10km at same pace couple of time before too

Thing that shocked me was my heart rate it was at peak during whole run in 185-193bpm

Is it normal?by the i felt good after run no issues at all

Is it safe to train lile this...my avg pace was around 7 minutes per kilometer...it isnt fastScreenshot_2016-07-13-22-31-23.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Khalid_khan wrote:

Hey guys..i have been running since 4 months n had no heart rate monitor..so mostly my goal were time n distance based using application like runtastic n s health

Week back i bought blaze so i could get my heart rate data during run...n first run i made with this watch is 10km...though i have ran 10km at same pace couple of time before too

Thing that shocked me was my heart rate it was at peak during whole run in 185-193bpm

Is it normal?by the i felt good after run no issues at all

Is it safe to train lile this...my avg pace was around 7 minutes per kilometer...it isnt fast

A few key points:

• The way Fitbit calculates your "Maximum" heart rate is to use the 220-Age formula; a formula which is just like a broken analog watch, it's correct every so often.
  • Those who believe in the whole "heart rate zone" concept (personally I do not), will tell you it is impossible for you to workout for more than a minute or two in your "Peak" heart rate zone.  I suppose that may be true if you knew your maximum heart rate, and even if you did I'm skeptical.
  • I'm curious about the two dips in your graph toward the end; did you slow down/take a quick break, or did you run the same pace all the way through?

FWIW, the very first day I wore my Fitbit in April of 2015 I ended up with a graph similar to yours.  The thing to know about my graph; I was 58 at the time and my theoretical Max Heart Rate was 162 at the time.  Pretty funny, I did a 9 mile run with an "average" heart rate of 161:

Penacook9-20150429.png

Best Answer
Yes i did out of curisity if my hr falls back n that blaze was measuring it corrwctly n yes it did loll
Well i m 29 n my theoritical hr by that age formula would b 191..but in that run i saw it jumping to 193
For me its impossible to jogg for 20 minutes n not touching 180s bpm
Maybe that zone thingy is myth or we both r exception lol
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have argued the zone stuff is a myth; many folks here maintain it is nearly sacred in its accuracy.  😛

Best Answer
0 Votes