Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to burn 5,000 calories a day without fatigue or injuries?

ANSWERED

This thread is a challenge to myself. I'm currently burning about 2,500 calories a day as measured by the Fitbit Surge. I've found through strict calorie counting and weight changes the Surge is accurate for me regardless of the types of activities. The Zip measures about 15% fewer calories.

Time to get to work. 🙂 

http://48statehike.blogspot.com
Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

@Okokok373521 wrote:

Obviously weight and that would be a big factor in it too like I've been burning about 4500-6500 calories a day since I got my fit bit and I'm 6'3 200lbs and what I've been doing is going on a run for about 9miles then playing basketball for about 3-8 hours then weights for an hour but I might need to slow it down because it's a bit hard to eat enough so that I'm not in a couple thousand calorie deficit because my family kinda poor so not enough food in the house for me to eat that much and I don't wanna start losing muscle.

Are you actually losing about 4 lbs weekly?

If no then you really don't have that big a deficit - Fitbit is likely wrong about the amount you burn with all that activity, it is the type (except running) that would cause an inflated calorie burn reading.

If yes (or even 2 lbs weekly) and your weight is already in the range of healthy - say goodbye to some muscle somewhere. That stinks since it's so hard to build muscle back and you will have to eat in surplus then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone considered the fact that naturally, a completely inactive person doing nothing burns 1.8-2k calories a day. So if you’re burning 4-5k of calories and consuming 2-2.5k of calories, you’re actually pretty even. Just my “logical” opinion based on the little knowledge I have about calories. What do you guys think? 

Best Answer
0 Votes