Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Is it safe to sleep?) 39bpm Heart Rate Before Bed

Hello!

i have extraordinarily bad anxiety, so I’m wondering if this is something I should worry about. I’m honestly terrified to sleep because my brain thinks my heart will stop? 

I don’t have any history of heart disease. My resting heart rate is generally in the low 50s. When I sleep, it’s dipped as low as 41. A few hours ago as I was literally falling asleep I saw it at 39. 

Ive recently lost about 100lbs (started at 340,) so maybe that has something to do with it. I was doing 30min of some kind of exercise daily until this past month (I’m not sure if you’d consider that athletic.) I’ve also had a thyroidectomy and am in the process of lowering my synthroid dosage, so maybe that too? And I’ve been prescribed Clonidine for anxiety/blood pressure/sleep (the top number was 134, from thyroid med. I can’t remember the bottom,) but I only took half of a .1mg tablet 14hrs ago. 

Im sorry if this is super scattered - it’s 4am. And i am scared to sleep. 

I have a follow up appointment with a nurse practitioner this coming Tuesday, I just want to know if it’s safe to go to sleep. 

Thanks so much in advance 💖

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

This was all measured using my Alta hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey @heyoitsmargot how did your follow up visit go? I think the reason no one replied to your inquiry was mainly because none of us could answer that for you. Congrats on your weight loss and I hope you continue in your fitness journey. Best- E

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes