Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the BBG Program Worth It?

ANSWERED

So I've been looking into the Bikini Fit Body Guide program for muscle toning and to change up my workouts. Is there anyone here who has done it, or is doing it? What do you think about it? Is it worth it? Also does your Fit bit read your workouts correctly when you do them? I'll do some full Body workouts with weights and some cardio for 30-40 min., and my fit bit will say I've only burned 50-70 calories from the workout? Is that correct? Does it read workouts that use weights correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there! I have never done the entire program in full (because life always happens). The most I have completed is Week 5 (plus the 4 weeks of pre-training, so that is 9 weeks). I saw results I was happy with. While I wasn't looking to shed more than 10 pounds, I saw great muscle definition and felt stronger each workout. I typically burn between 200 - 300 calories for legs & full body and about 100 calories for arms/abs. I always push for getting through each circuit at least twice.

You have to keep in mind that this isn't super intense in terms of cardio. It is super intense in terms of  muscle strain/strength. By the time you are completing your 2nd round of each circuit, your muscles will be aching and you can easily let up.

Pairing this program with eating correctly and 2-3 days of cardio, you could see some serious results. I have never been a great healthy eating, but have been trying to improve lately. That plus 2-3 days of light cardio (treadmill walking, sand volleyball, elliptical) and I have seen results I am happy with. I went from 150 to 142 where I have remained the last 2 months without working out (due to ankle injury(. I also went from 35% body fat to 32.1%.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm no pro, but we are all just trying to better ourselves in some way or another 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I’m not really into bikini fitness stuff Smiley LOL. I’ll assume it’s some kind of intense aerobic exercise and if so, 50-70 calories burned for 30-40 minutes sound pretty low. Of course, what anyone expends depends on factors such as age and size, which we don’t know for you. Which Fitbit tracker do you use?

How heavy are the weights used for the program and what do you do with them? 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The weights are 4lbs. And I plan to get 5 or 8 lb. ones soon, but even if I do a bodyweight workout, my fit bit sometimes doesn't even read that activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do the activity graphs for the day (24 hours) look like, in your Dashboard or in the mobile app? I mean graphs where you see (for instance) calories burned per slice of 5 or 15 minutes, active minutes, heart rate (if your Fitbit features heart rate monitoring).

This would tell you whether or not your Fitbit "reads your activity". You didn’t mention what Fitbit you are using. This does play a role, as some have HR monitoring and others don’t, some can autodetect certain activities and others can’t etc.

The kind of exercises you perform also matters. Fitbit trackers detect the intensity of your activity via things like impact, acceleration, heart rate (if supported). If you’re doing biceps curls with your dumbbells, your Fitbit cannot really tell whether they are 4, 8 or 16 lbs, especially if HR is not supported.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's the fit bit Alta 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170420-164135.pngScreenshot_20170420-163832.pngare these the graphs you are asking about?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! I have never done the entire program in full (because life always happens). The most I have completed is Week 5 (plus the 4 weeks of pre-training, so that is 9 weeks). I saw results I was happy with. While I wasn't looking to shed more than 10 pounds, I saw great muscle definition and felt stronger each workout. I typically burn between 200 - 300 calories for legs & full body and about 100 calories for arms/abs. I always push for getting through each circuit at least twice.

You have to keep in mind that this isn't super intense in terms of cardio. It is super intense in terms of  muscle strain/strength. By the time you are completing your 2nd round of each circuit, your muscles will be aching and you can easily let up.

Pairing this program with eating correctly and 2-3 days of cardio, you could see some serious results. I have never been a great healthy eating, but have been trying to improve lately. That plus 2-3 days of light cardio (treadmill walking, sand volleyball, elliptical) and I have seen results I am happy with. I went from 150 to 142 where I have remained the last 2 months without working out (due to ankle injury(. I also went from 35% body fat to 32.1%.

Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm no pro, but we are all just trying to better ourselves in some way or another 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! This does help! Thank you so much! One more question though, do you think it is worth it with it's pricing of $90. 95 for just 12 weeks? I feel that's kind of expensive and I don't think that included the meal book? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The meal book is nothing special. If you are relatively informed about eating healthy quality food, I recommend skipping the meal plan book. 

As far as price, its a bit overpriced but I have gone back again and again to the workouts over the past 4 years and have even used those concepts for conditioning the volleyball teams I coach. Each week gets progressively harder (obviously), but I really appreciated the realistic part of it. 

Kayla opens by saying your bikini body is different than mine and there is no one ideal bikini body. She doesn't encourage to weigh your progress, but instead use pictures to gauge progress.  If you instagram, search hashtags like #bbg or #kaylaitsines and you will see.  As far as the workouts, they start you off easier so you get the right form and build muscle.  Example, for the first 4 weeks you do push ups on your knees. They slowly go you up in reps and finally on switch over to real push-ups and go back down in reps. You never do the same workout more than 2 weeks In a row. 

I recommend it it because I need a concrete and specific plan to stick with and also enjoy circuit workouts. However, I recognize they aren't for everyone everyone. You don't get many steps doing these workout schedule beause like I mentioned..they are muscle focused. 

Phew. Sorry for the novel. Good luck with whatever you decide! 

Best Answer

@Loryia: the activity graph I had in mind was more like this one (from the Dashboard):

2017-05-03_1232.png

It’s the one that shows calories burned during the 24-hour period, in slices of five minutes. Higher intensity activities should show up in the form of taller, green bars. There’s a similar graph in the mobile app, but it provides slightly less granularity: the bars are for slices of 15 minutes. It should still allow you to isolate your 30-40 minute exercise, even with your Alta.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer