Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add fitbit users who aren't friends?

I would like to add some fitbit users to give me some encouragement but I dont have any friends that use fitbit. Is there a way of to add strangers that have similar useage to yourself.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think there is any way to do a blind search for similar people; however, if you see someone who interests you, you can click on their profile picture, which will take you to their profile page. There, there is a button right next to the profile picture for sending a friend request (go ahead, try to friend me - see how it works.)

Even better, you might like to look for an Activity Group (last in the "Community" drop-down menu) that has interests and activity levels similar to your own. Join, take part in discussions, and send friend requests as above. If one activity group doesn't work for you, there are a large number and you can join/try more than one.

Good luck - hope you enjoy your time here in the Fitbit community.

Best Answer

Hi there,

I don't have many friends on fitbit either. I started using the fitbit a little over a week ago and I'm very pleased so far. I'm also trying out the fitstar program. Maybe we can add each other? I'm not to sure how that works yet, but lets try if you want to 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Parkcat1 There is another thread with lots of people looking for friends you might want to check out. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Be-Inspired/Looking-for-Fitbit-Friends-Find-some-here/m-p/1257283#M3...

Hope that helps you make some new friends feel more connected to the Fitbit community.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Hey hey @Parkcat1! Currently just as everybody else has mentioned. It's no possible to add people that don't have a Fitbit account. However, you can also add people from the Community by doing the following: 

- Click on the Community pic 

- Click on Go to Fitbit.com profile 

- Finally, click on Add as a friend

Hope you get to add many many friends and create some Challenges. 🙂 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey @Parkcat1 welcome to the community. as everyone already mentioned you will find friends by hanging out in the community. Then it kind of becomes like facebook. you join a challenge, you see more people you send more friend requests before you know it you have loads of folks to compete with and chat with if you feel so inclined. the key is to not be shy. this is a really friendly bunch of folks so if anyone has a similar step goal or you see them in challenges and want to add them, don't be shy. just do it!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

you .. hope this is ok .. ?? 🙂

Jayne

Best Answer
0 Votes