Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is never too late to get moving

ANSWERED

This is from a Gym in Norway. Inger - Lise, the woman in front is 82, and the oldest member is 90! That's so cool! 

SATS_Asker_Senior.png

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LokeAa couldn't agree more! 👍In my town, there is a man who is also very impressive. He's a Parkrunner who attended Parkrun event (AFAIK the event also exists in Oslo) 534 times (up to now). He's 80+ (I don't know exact age but his category is 80- 85). This is so impressive that when he reached the milestone of 500 parkruns the local runners community made a big celebration for him. I always find older people impressive and motivating. I will never be fit like 20- 30 years old because I"m not getting any younger. But one day, I will be 50, 60, 70 and this is a direction that I look into when thinking what want to be like in the future when it comes to fitness. We need people like those gym goers from your post or that parkrunner that I described because they show what's possible. Great motivation for everyone. **ahem**, I'm really hoping that when being 80 (well... if I'm gonna be 80 😅) I will be still able to wake up in the morning and go to the Parkrun.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@LokeAa couldn't agree more! 👍In my town, there is a man who is also very impressive. He's a Parkrunner who attended Parkrun event (AFAIK the event also exists in Oslo) 534 times (up to now). He's 80+ (I don't know exact age but his category is 80- 85). This is so impressive that when he reached the milestone of 500 parkruns the local runners community made a big celebration for him. I always find older people impressive and motivating. I will never be fit like 20- 30 years old because I"m not getting any younger. But one day, I will be 50, 60, 70 and this is a direction that I look into when thinking what want to be like in the future when it comes to fitness. We need people like those gym goers from your post or that parkrunner that I described because they show what's possible. Great motivation for everyone. **ahem**, I'm really hoping that when being 80 (well... if I'm gonna be 80 😅) I will be still able to wake up in the morning and go to the Parkrun.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker 

First, I would say that it is very likely that you will live to be 80. I know that life expectancy in the US has decreased, but as long as you are in the physically active part of the population, I would say that your chances are good.

You may well have a / or get a cardiovascular health like a 20 - 30 - 40 year old.

I became acutely extremely ill in November 2017 and was in hospital until September 2019. I had 23 operations, including experimental surgery, and stem cell treatment. Cardiovascular health disappears quickly if not maintained. Bedridden for almost two years - three years ago I got tired from walking five kilometers.

Today I am back at the same level as I was before I got sick. I have the cardiovascular health of a 20-year-old. For the last year, I have been back as a running coach, including at the fitness center where the photo in my previous post was taken. 😁

So everything is possible!  😉

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer