Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an accountability buddy

Hello friends, 

I'm a 36 yo aspiring triathlete who is getting back into the swing of working out. I've got 15-20 lbs left to lose, which I hope to achieve through a combination of exercise, reduced portions and intermittent fasting. Unfortunately, going it alone, as I have been doing, is no longer working for me.

I do not have a gym membership (covid19 situation), but I've got my bike, the beach, some dumbbells and weighted ropes. None of my friends have Fitbits, nor do they seem very interested in exercise, which has made things very difficult for me to keep on progressing.

I am so sick of being unhappy about my body and while I have come a long way, I do not want to backslide into bad habits... I want to achieve my fitness goals.

To that end, I'm looking for someone willing to keep me accountable to my goals and maybe even help me push past my comfort zones.

You don't necessarily have to workout with me, or help me come up with a training or meal plan, but if I could just be answerable to someone other than the voice in my head, I feel like I can keep motivated and be more consistent daily. 

Is anyone out there willing to help? I don't mind doing the same for you, if you need it. I also do not mind communicating using private messaging. 

Thanks in advance for the add!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

I have been trying on and off to be successful at being healthy and losing some weight and thought having someone to be my virtual workout partner would be helpful.  Looking for someone who is up for keeping in touch daily using app other other electronic communication, that has similar goals, and who is open to sharing and working together to be successful. 

Best Answer

Hi @ArvieN and @Nick6425. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I merged your posts and you may want to work out as a team if you like. 

I could join but I'm not as active as I would like but I can cheer you. We could make a plan and see how it goes. 

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit I would love that... thnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ArvieN! I sent you a PM, added you as a friend and we'll make a work out plan. I hope you can join @Nick6425.

Have a great day! 😁

Best Answer

Hi @ArvieN 

I just sent you a friend request.  Please let me know if you are still interested in an accountability buddy (PM is fine).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your interest in being @ArvieN´s accountability buddy. 😁

I'm happy to know that you'll help each other reaching your exercise goals. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Thank you. I accepted the request

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I figured out how to add friends and I added you to be accountability buddies

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for accepting the friend requests @ArvieN😁

I'm glad to hear that you figured out how to add friends. 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes