Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderately high reating heart rate!!

I am 34 years, M. I have a high resting heart rate of 74 to 80, which is perplexing to me! I walk or jog for 5 km per day on an average. My diet is also balanced and on low carbs. I have had my medical tests done, but there are no issues, except low HDL and high LDL.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

When in my adult life I have been sedentary, my resting heart rate has always been between 83 and 86 bpm.  No doctor has ever been concerned.  When in my 30's, I started running from 5 to 10 miles daily, and my resting heart rate dropped into the 60's.  I am now using the Fitbit information to increase my steps, and my active hours while I watch my resting heart rate drop.  In 1.5 months, it has dropped 10 bpm. It seems to be a function of overall heart and circulatory strength and efficiency.  Long distance runners have the lowest bpm's, although, I don't see why a competitive bicycle racer shouldn't also have a very low resting heart rate.  The other thing I have noticed thanks to Fitbit, is that the same speed I have been using for my steps, is giving me more time in fatburning or cardio, and less time in maximum.

So, if you want to lower your resting heart rate, I would think that increasing your hours of activity would do it. -- Just a suggestion. 

Be Well!

Best Answer

Hi Strem2,

Thanks for the reply! I have been regularly excercising, since last two years. I feel there is a lot of improvement, but it is very little when compared to others. So, I am actually concerened about if there are any other issues related with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@circlecircle wrote:

I am 34 years, M. I have a high resting heart rate of 74 to 80, which is perplexing to me! I walk or jog for 5 km per day on an average. My diet is also balanced and on low carbs. I have had my medical tests done, but there are no issues, except low HDL and high LDL.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

If by "low carbs" you mean low simple carbs, then that's good.

If you mean low complex carbs, then that's bad, and can cause all kinds of problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Low carbs: Less quantity of rice or chapati.100 gms of rice and 1 chapati through out the day.
Best Answer
0 Votes