Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aerobic workout was not tracked last night, Why?

ANSWERED

I walked in the afternoon, synced my walk, then at 5:45pm my Aerobic, weight workout class was not logged in.  My fitbit recorded one last week, was I moving my arms to quickly to register?  My sleep was not traced either as my fitbit was unable to find my heart rate. Any suggestions please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK, that definitely helps. With the Charge 2, it can auto-recognize some exercises based on movement patterns. Aerobics is listed there as a recognized exercise. It uses arm motions to try and determine what type of exercise you're doing.

The other method is to use the workout modes on the Charge 2 tracker. In the settings for the tracker in the app, under Exercise shortcuts is where you can see them. Aerobics isn't listed there, but there is a mode called Workout that works well for aerobics.

The nice thing about this method is you manually start and stop the tracking of the exercise with the side button on the fitbit, so all of it gets picked up. It might be a little more effort this way, but the results are perfect, so that's the way I would do that. Hope this helps.

If you go with method #2, you'll want to go into the exercise tile in the app, then settings, and turn off auto-recognize for aerobics. That way, you won't manually log it and have fitbit auto-log it also.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @txmmw,

The answer would probably require us to know which model fitbit you have.

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, that would help. I have the charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, that definitely helps. With the Charge 2, it can auto-recognize some exercises based on movement patterns. Aerobics is listed there as a recognized exercise. It uses arm motions to try and determine what type of exercise you're doing.

The other method is to use the workout modes on the Charge 2 tracker. In the settings for the tracker in the app, under Exercise shortcuts is where you can see them. Aerobics isn't listed there, but there is a mode called Workout that works well for aerobics.

The nice thing about this method is you manually start and stop the tracking of the exercise with the side button on the fitbit, so all of it gets picked up. It might be a little more effort this way, but the results are perfect, so that's the way I would do that. Hope this helps.

If you go with method #2, you'll want to go into the exercise tile in the app, then settings, and turn off auto-recognize for aerobics. That way, you won't manually log it and have fitbit auto-log it also.

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you,  that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes