Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My heart conditions. Advice to new runner? Fitbit firends?

Hey everyone!

I'm Daniel. I'm an 18 year old college student who is working on training to have better cardiovascluar health. I have 7 heart conditions and I am trying to be more healthy. I am curious if there are other people on Fitbit with health conditions? And I'm also curious to meet others who are interested in becoming runners. It would be nice to have a few people to talk to.

My blog is here: (Here's my most recent Living My Dreams: how I want to feel, who I want to be, and goals for next year.)

Thanks, Daniel

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Daniel,

Not got any advice really, but just to say I was born with a heart condition and I'm trying to use Fitbit to lower my resting heart rate. Was about 87 a few months ago but now it's about 71/72.

Best Answer

My resting was 77

Two Weeks after excercising everyday it is 69

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I was born with a ventricular septal defect (VSD), and my cardiologist said the best thing I can do is stay active. I am about 5 weeks into a couch to 5k program, and I really enjoy it! I do have to repeat some days a couple of times, but it sounds like that is common for other people too. 

Congrats on getting your resting heart rate down!

Best Answer

Hi, 

I just bought a Fitbit charge3 for my son for his 10th birthday. He was born with ASD. Can he actually be allowed to wear Fitbit due to his heart condition? I read the notes which comes together with the new Fitbit, saying it needs to consult a doctor if having heart conditions. I am a bit concerned. If you could please reply me back, that would be great!

Thanks

Jianzeng

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Daniel, 

I'm not currently diagnosed with any known heart problems but I do consider myself unhealthy and unfit (I'm actively trying to change that).

I'm 28 years old, about 5'7" and weigh 175lbs. 

I wear my Fitbit to bed and it records my resting heart rate as 60-65 bpm... As I'm seated now, writing this reply, it's at 86 bpm but normally I'd see it from 75-85bpm... Walking the kids to school it's usually 110-115bpm, walking my dog is sometimes higher around 120... Exerting myself is 140-150 and the highest I even seen mine was 170 resting HR during an anxiety attack - thinking it was a heart attack I called for EMTs and had an ecg, blood pressure and blood sugars done... Nothing. No reason for the EMT to believe I was going into cardiac arrest.

My biggest advice is to not become addicted to checking you bpm constantly and don't worry. Keeping an eye on it is good.

I found these forums help quell any worries or answer any questions I have and I hope that's the case for you too. 

Best Answer