Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My resting heart rate and VO2 max ?

My resting heart rate is at 46 the last week ? That's good right ? I want my vo2 max to go up though. Do I want a higher resting heart rate ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

The heart is a muscle. Like any other muscle, you can make it stronger by training it. In the case of the heart, that would be with aerobic exercises (running, biking, rowing etc.). Are you doing any such exercises?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh yeah , I work out daily . I’ve been doing the fit bit coaching apps daily for about a month now .
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheMoMo242   This link earlier in this Community Forum  gives you some answers..

I can't run, my RHR is 50 today and my Cardio score is 43-47.  Over the last year + it's averaged 53 and  this time last year my RHR was 54 and the Cardio Score 42-46, and 6 months ago my RHR was 57 Cardio Score dropped 41-45.  On these figures it's RHR based on a non GPS test which we know is also a function of a fit heart muscle.  The lower the RHR the higher the cardio score.

I only walk, weight only fluctuates a KG or 2lb  over the time, and I'm slightly overweight.  So based on that, RHR controls my Cardio Score, and as I have posted elsewhere, I have compared that by using the Rockport walking test, and my Pulse Oximeter has me at 98.. With all of that, I'm genetically built that way.

In your case if you have a HR Fitbit try the 10 minute GPS run test on flat terrain as mentioned in the link above.... and when you think about it seems to follow the Cooper test and the Rockport and getting the same data a different way. 

You are definitely putting in the effort from your profile so I would be looking at your cardio score in relation to your age... as below

cardio score 19apr19.jpg

This screenshot is more specific..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thank You !!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheMoMo242   Thanks for replying... Keep us posted in a few weeks when you have changes in your Cardio Score...

@Dominiquealways has practical, honest suggestions in the Forums when applying the Fitbit Logic and the human body logic..

All the best for Easter...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes