Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My stomach and thighs again

I've been doing the sit-ups and leg lifts for 5 weeks now and I swear my trousers are feeling looser around my belly and thighs... is that just wishful thinking after only 5 weeks though?  It's not a huge amount, but it's definitely at the point now where I'm gonna have to seriously consider getting the next size down trousers already.

Dunno if I've lost any weight (had 3kg to go to get down to my ideal weight according to a GP) but the trousers are definitely looser on me now!  Is it just wishful thinking and 5 weeks is too short a time to be able to tell please?

Thank you!

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AmandaGeorge,

Congrats! Regardless of what anyone says about time, if your trousers are looser, that's an indication you've lost some fat. It's certainly possible to lose weight in that time frame. Keep exercising and watching what you eat!

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much @WavyDavey !  They aren't falling off me or anything, but I definitely need to hoik the waistband up more often and there are definite folds when I sit or lay down now that weren't there five weeks ago.  Other than walking our senior puppy once instead of twice a day due to the lock-down, the sit-ups and leg raises are the only things I've been doing differently to six weeks ago so, like with the steps, it's all the motivation I need to keep it up.  Might increase it to 75 sit-ups and 35 leg raises soon... slowly but surely and all that!  😃

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes