Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a workout buddy

I honestly will never be able to get a routine going if I have to go it alone. Not going to happen. Hubby doesn't care and will not help me or himself to get fit and be healthier. I feel like crap, I've gained another 25 lbs. I'm at at least 200-205 now. I can eat 1000 calories a day, no soda, doesn't matter. I can't lose anything. If I look at food I gain. in 2008, eating a junk food diet with free fountain sodas every night from work, I lost 60 lbs. I worked out daily with my coworker and friend. I don't have any friends without knee replacements or who are under the age of 70. I'm 37.

Is there anybody out there willing to help? Anybody else who just can't go it all alone? Maybe we can video chat and work out at the same time? I just wanna do simple yoga and jog. I might add some small weights for my arms later on. I'm so sick of being fat and uncomfortable in my own skin. I hate how I look, I hate how I feel even more.

I'm a security officer. I sit a lot and if I try I can usually get 10k steps even though I'm at a small building. I travel for work for weeks at a time, eating at drive thrus and resturants. So a virtual fitness buddy could possibly work. Message me or add me if you can help out, please. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I really hope you find someone who you can work out together with. Sounds like you are very much alone on this journey so far. I would just like to remind you that you are not alone and that you can always connect to others here on these boards while keeping to look for that buddy.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@PurplePanda79 I feel for you. I actually prefer to work out alone but I have observed so many others at my gym who will only go hard if someone is there watching them. When I first started working out, I didn't know what I was doing so I joined classes to help me. Not only did the others in my group cheer each other on, but the trainer doesn't let you slide. I don't know if you live in an area where you can join classes, but it may be the way to go. You can also join Fitbit Coach for help with workouts, its not a buddy, but it is someone telling you what to do. If you have an iPhone, there is a new yoga app from fitbit you can try and there are dedicated communities in the app version of the community that may give you some like minded friends. There is a running community, general activity, healthy eating, etc. I wish you well.. Best, E.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you both very much 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah!! I am always looking for partners. Let's make a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes