Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on a fitness category

Hi

I have a question – what is the best activity to log for sex?  Please believe me, I am not asking for any childish or hey!-look-at-me reasons, it is simply an activity that physically exerts me regularly and I would like to know how to log it properly, as I do any other activity.  At present I use cardio kickboxing, but that’s mostly so I can distinguish it from other activities.  The times it has auto detected it has come up as bike riding, elliptical or just “workout” which I would guess is the closest.

What do others log for this?  I’ve posted this question before on mfp and been told to “grow up”, but I have absolutely no wish to be juvenile, it’s a serious request.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Phil,

Let's be honest, it's probably infrequent enough that you could just use workout and be fine.

Best Answer

My argument is that it's more regular (for me) than going on an elliptical machine, it's a bona fide form of excercise, but it doesn't have a dedicated category.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phil ...

Kickboxing = Sex ???     

A "sex" activities listing ... if that means sex occurs  everytime you select the activity this guy is buying all the FB stock I can afford  !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whats the point, are you looking for HR, calories burned?  Why log it?  I agree with the person who said GROW UP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Corney   glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor or your ability to "play well with others" .  

(just in case you didn't figure out that wasn't a compliment ... IT WASN'T)    BTW no one said grow up but you  and so as you have been told many times on these boards ... go away !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Phil1927,

It doesn't matter much how it's logged. There's an associated heart rate with every activity, and calories burned calculated from that. "Workout" is the general purpose tracking mode, and probably what would be most accurate in this regard.  If you are leisurely in your practice, "Walk" might be more appropriate. Or "Run" for a particularly strenuous amorous get-together.

Either way, if you go into the activity log in the web dashboard at fitbit.com afterwards, you'll be able to re-name the activity for your more specific identification purposes. I'd make an example up, but I'm sure you'll figure out a use for it. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Ask your partner what category they feel it is.  I was once told having sex was equivalent to running a 4 minute mile.  If you are capable of lasting longer, say 20 minutes, call it a 5K run, if you can last 40 minutes, call it a 10K run, if you can last over 40 minutes call it a miracle.  By the way I don't think anyone on Fitbit is interested in your sexual stamina.  How does your partner feel about having their sexual activity posted on the Fitbit Community Board?  Since no one else is interested, call it anything you want, say fishing, bowling, ping pong, push ups, chin ups, etc.  I have grown up, and consider my sexual life to be very personal between my partner and myself.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you should visit the elliptical machine more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your first post you wrote that you have been told to grow up.  Re-read your first post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt anyone else would post for the Fitbit community to see their sexual activity, they would keep that fact to themselves.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Phil's first post he wrote that he had been told to grow up.  I wasn't the first to mention it.  You should re-read his first post for content.  Have you heard of the first Amendment?  Last I heard this is still America, but for how long is any ones guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Russss,  I can only remember 1 time someone told me to go away in a not so civilized way.  It looks like you have lost your sense of humor.  But since you asked so nicely to go away, I won't.  All you have to do is ignore my posts and both of us will be happy.  Hope you and yours have a happy and safe Holiday season.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Corney, I, too, have grown up, I posted it as a legitimate question.  The sort, if you don’t agree with or like, you are free to ignore.  I am not sharing my sexual goings-on, nor am I betraying any intimacy between my partner and myself.  I am highlighting that it is an activity in it’s own right and I had a query about it.  My apologies if this offends you, but that is your concern, not mine, there was no reason to be rude about it.  You let yourself down there and it says more about you, not me.

Oh, and I had to Google what The First Amendment states – I am Welsh, not American, so please don’t continue to make assumptions about me, none of which are correct.  But even if I was bound by it, surely The First Amendment allows me to ask the original question every bit as much as it allows you to challenge it, but you choose to hide behind it if people don’t like what you have to say.  Surely by that rationale you shouldn’t attack my post, should you.

Best Answer
Phil1927: That comment about the First Amendment was not for you, it was
meant for another poster who suggested I go away and quit posting. Sorry
for the misunderstanding. You are right, you can post what ever you want
on Fitbit as long as it doesn't break the rules set up by Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Phil,

Regards 1st amendment .... protection is specific, i.e. prohibits the government from infringing on the right to free speech, it does not mean that there can be no adverse consequences from individuals or from society in general .  It also implies some serious responsibilities such as civility and respecting the rights of those we don't  agree with .  Having said that please understand that although I may not agree with Corney I do respect his right to say what he wishes and would defend his right to do so. 

The rest of the constitution is also a decent read .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Corney, I knew the post wasn’t aimed at me, but I was making a general point that you were rude about my post but didn’t like people being rude about yours.

And Russss, my apologies if I misunderstood; I had heard of the First amendment (as in, I knew such thing existed), but the first I’d ever read about it was roughly 5 minutes before I replied yesterday, so I was probably being very broad.

I fully agree with your final point – I think along the same lines – which was why I tried to pick Corney up on his use of it in his post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phil and Corney

Absolutely no offense taken, actually I  was more impressed that you took the time to read it . My rambling (yes it was that) was more an attempt to explain why I can disagree with Corney, which happens somewhat often, but still read his posts and still expect his right to express his opinions....even if he is usually Wrong !!!!  (only kidding Corney)

Best Answer

My feeling from the first was there is not enough exercise here to worry about, but I have something to back up my feeling today. I'm reading an article in my local paper about the risks of having a heart attack while having sex. According to this article (by Dennis Thompson in HealthDay), "sex was linked to only 34 out of more than 4500 cardiac arrests that occurred...between 2002 and 2015." Also, it says, "Sex just isn't as strenuous as people believe. The aerobic activity associated with sex is equivalent to climbing two flights of stairs."

So I would say, don't log it. It doesn't have enough of an affect on your total activity.

Best Answer