Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing advice / inspiration.

I used to be very good about my fitness regime when I very first started getting into fitness. Ate healthy, drunk a lot of water, exercised. Did a great body transformation!! Fast forward to now, I still love fitness but lately I have been struggling very hard!! I've had my ups and downs in my journey but nothing this bad. My appetite is barely there. I had only meal for the whole day yesterday (I know...bad bad!!) but I just wasn't hungry. One bottle of water could last me all day and I'm lucky if I drink it all. Hardly eat, hardly drink. No problem if I want to exercise if I got enough motivation but I know I got to get my nutrition in check. I meal prep every week. I fall off my regime so easily now. 

Advice. Inspiration.Motivation. Anything please!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

How long have you been on your program?

I noticed I had fatigue with diet and exercise at around the 6-7 month.  I lost my mojo.  I kind of hung out for a month because of an injury and eventually, it clicked and I was back in the game.  Anyway, I tried to stay with the food, I dropped from 14-20,000 steps a day to 10-12,000.  I called it 'practicing being at my goal weight.'  

Maybe give it a shot for a month?

Best Answer

Not really doing a program. I just eat healthy and do various exercises : strength training, cardio, walking, etc...whatever I like that keeps me going. Exercising is not a problem for me. Just my nutrition. I literally can eat one meal and drink all day and that's it. I went to Dr. last week and they did blood tests and nothing came back abnormal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe make a meal plan. Start out with small portions. Plan ahead a week with three small meals a day, write on calendar exactly what each meal will entail and buy those groceries. Keep a little food journal of everything you eat each day. I hope you are feeling better soon. 

Essie

Best Answer

If this is a recent thing is it worth consulting a doctor just to rule out any possible medical cause? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What have your diet and weight history been like for the past year or so? Have you reached a weight you’re happy with and could maintain? Or have you rebound to a higher weight and want to lose some?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't mean program that has a name, when did you start changing your exercise and food habits?  

Are you only drinking water?

How long have you been eating a meal a day and a cup or two of water?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique

My weight and diet history has been pretty steady. At my highest, I was 170 which was like maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Lately it's been around 152 ish as of lately. Would like to be in the 140s. I was in that range for a little bit but fell off track and haven't been able to get back on track like I used to since. I've always ate healthy for the most part. I've had times where I be eating unhealthy but wouldn't gain that much weight cuz like I said, I'd  have 1 meal a day and that'd be all I have for the day. I always meal prep healthy items, protein, veggies, fruits, healthy carbs. But now it's as if I'm just not hungry or have times where I feel as if I can't get full. 

Best Answer

@MagsOnTheBeach

I started changing my habits like 3 to 4 years ago. I've still made sure to eat healthy for the most part even when off track. I always meal prep healthy. I may eat junk food every once in awhile but never like a lot. Again, one meal a day and that'd be all I have. And yes, I mostly drink water. I have 1 cup of coffee a day. If I drink anything other than water, it's orange juice but rarely. I don't buy soda or anything. And it's been this way for probably like a month now. Probably longer. I went to Dr and told her about my eating habits cuz I had times where I just all of a sudden feel light headed but she didn't seem too concerned on checking for anything.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry your doctor didn't offer any suggestions.  My husband eats fruit in the morning and a meal around 1, at night he might have some plain cheerios or more fruit.  It sounds like he is eating a lot more than you though.  Maybe log what you eat and see your doctor again if you aren't getting enough nutrition. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey @crazyqueet our bodies usually react to a stimuli of some sort. medical, mental, emotional- something. think about when you first started dating that person you couldn't imagine living without. Never hungry, full of energy, small salad at every meal- unicorns and rainbows. FFWD three months, eating normal - very comfy- all good. FFWD to the end- over eating, awful choices, lots of time spent with Ben, Jerry and Bryers. All that was triggered by your mental and emotional state. Something is triggering this too. It doesn't sound like the love of your life experience, so maybe this isn't a joyful lack of appetite. Take a look at what is different or new or past its sell by date in your life- you may find the answer.. good luck to you - hugs, E.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@crazyqueet wrote:

I used to be very good about my fitness regime when I very first started getting into fitness. Ate healthy, drunk a lot of water, exercised. Did a great body transformation!! Fast forward to now, I still love fitness but lately I have been struggling very hard!! I've had my ups and downs in my journey but nothing this bad. My appetite is barely there. I had only meal for the whole day yesterday (I know...bad bad!!) but I just wasn't hungry. One bottle of water could last me all day and I'm lucky if I drink it all. Hardly eat, hardly drink. No problem if I want to exercise if I got enough motivation but I know I got to get my nutrition in check. I meal prep every week. I fall off my regime so easily now. 

Advice. Inspiration.Motivation. Anything please!! 

My advice might sound counter intuitive. It is very simple: it is ok. We are humans and it is ok to fall off the track at times. Getting worked up over it and feeling you have to fix it, might actually increase your resistance. Take a step back instead, relax and start from there. By taking a step back you might realise what is causing this. Instead of telling yourself "I have to eat more" and "I should drink more" (number 1 cause of stress is us telling ourselves "we have to"), tell yourself "it would be nice if I could eat more". Take a step back, relax and take a deep breathe. The tension that is causing this might go away or can atleast be explored. And instead of judging yourself for not eating enough cheer yourself for when you eat more than you currently do.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes