Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FitBit

Hi everyone.  My Fitbit Charge HR bit the dust.  It was the first generation before the HR 2's came out.  I want to get another fitbit becomes of love this brand but what should I get as a replacement?  What one have you had great luck with?  Thanks!  Julie

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

So for now I don't have a fitbit guys.  I am sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

in my opinion, you two Fitbits which I think most of the people here will recommend it. Charge 2 and Alta HR, but at the end , you need to know what do want with it. for example both these Fitbits are not water resistance.so you may not take them, if you'r swimmer. 
read reviews about it, then you can decide which one fit for your need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use this page to compare all the features and find which one meets your needs the best.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@julie_jelt wrote:

So for now I don't have a fitbit guys.  I am sad.

I don’t know about you, but if I don’t wear my Fitbits, I have the same feeling as if I were naked in a public place Smiley LOL

The natural replacement for your Charge HR would likely be Charge 2 or Alta HR. Feature-wise, I prefer the Charge 2, as I’m able to "tell" it what is it I’m doing. With the Alta HR, you have to rely on its ability to autodetect your activities. What I do like about the Alta HR is it’s narrower. I could see how it may appeal to women. Both have (easily) removable bands, which is a big improvement on the original Charge HR.

Have a look at the comparison page suggested by @Esya, then go to a store that has them on display, so you can try them on and see the one that feels like the best match for you.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have the Charge 2 and the Alta HR- I like the features of the 2 but I like the design of the alta. There is a new one coming out in September- maybe wait a while longer and then see which one you like the most looking at all available models.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I just bought a new Alta HR.  I've only had it 24 hrs.  The only thing I can tell you is that I have always bought previous models with a with a large band.  This is too large.  I have it buckled in the next to tightest hole.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your activity is step based then you have no need for an HR model, save the money.  If you do things like Yoga, Strength Training, etc. where there is a ton of activity with very little steps then go with an HR model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mukluk4 wrote:

If your activity is step based then you have no need for an HR model, save the money.

Given that @julie_jelt comes from a Charge HR, she will probably want to stick to a wrist-band model (thus excluding the One and the Zip). The only non-HR model left in the current line-up would be the Flex 2 (OK, it may still be possible to find the Alta non-HR from third-party retailers). I’ll mention one feature that I think requires HR and is not related to steps: advanced sleep tracking (sleep stages). Flex 2 doesn’t do this, while it’s supported by Alta HR (and all other current wrist-mounted models). The main reasons for going for Flex 2 would be: 1) price (as you mentioned), 2) size (if looking for something really thin and small), 3) need to wear it in water. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer