Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Feeling well?

ANSWERED

For the first time in the LONGEST time I can remember I have been unable to participate in anything for about two weeks moving into three.  The "Reigning Champion"  of viral colds has taken hold of me and I'm still trying to get through it.  Watching my rankings go down, and down is frustrating. I'm not competitive, but have found the fun competitiveness of Fitbit addicting.  I was momentarily upset by my stats...But HEY...just imagine the overall awesome feeling when I blow past my friends once I'm better. The teasing and ribbing while we are jogging by each other at work and them all telling me to sit down and rest so they can win for a change.  Yes it can be difficult once something has taken a hold of you and you can't workout or exercise but what motivated you to begin with?  What makes you feel good when you were able to?  The adrenaline high, the team support? What is your "Get back into motivation" and maybe that will help one of us FitBit users get back on track again?  Tell me your get back to it strategy....

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hope you feel better and I usually start with a light walk/jog and depending how I feel I increase the speed or distance. 

Listen to your body.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I just had a viral cold myself and I took my tracker off while I recovered from it at home. I just put it on again yesterday. It is so nice to see myself climbing in the ranks again. I was frustrated at first as well, but once you hit the bottom of the statistics you can only go up from there 😄 .

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Aw, I'm sorry. It sucks being sick. And like you, I hate seeing my stats take a hit when I'm not up for exercise. (I'm lucky that I rarely get sick and when I do, my being down and out doesn't last too long.)

Feel  better soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I look at down time for whatever reason as recovery time for my feet, knees, hips, etc. I want to walk well into my 80's not next month so I try not to look at low steps as a bad thing. I do like being in the middle of the pack of my friend list, but if I happen to slide down, I know its only temporary- all the bad days will drop off and I will be back where I belong.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you feel better and I usually start with a light walk/jog and depending how I feel I increase the speed or distance. 

Listen to your body.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you are feeling better soon 

Best Answer
0 Votes