Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November Surrender? NO WAY! Step Challenge and Scavenger Hunt  2020

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2020 has been a crazy year. January resolutions have been long forgotten; the pandemic has changed all your routines; and you are headed straight into holiday season! YIKES!  Time to surrender? NO WAY!  Set yourself a few modest movement and eating goals, get out of the house and take a few pics of what is outside, and join in for November Surrender? NO WAY!

General monthly instructions are below, including the monthly picture scavenger hunt.           

How It Works

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format   
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Picture Scavenger Hunt

While you are out and about getting in your walks/hike/rides this month take a few pics that show the changing seasons in your area, fall (or spring) colors, holiday displays, if you are in a beach area, the boardwalk shutting down or opening up, something that shows change. 

IMG_4772.jpeg

Posting

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
145 REPLIES 145

November Surrender? No Way! 30:

12K/Day: 05/20

750 Cal/Day: 18/25

20 Squats/Day: 10/16

16:8 IF/Day: 27/25

Yoga/Week: --/4

Weights 2/week: 1/8

Water Goal: 04/20

Lose 3 pounds: 0.1/3

Photo Scavenger: 02/03

# of Steps: 263,350/400,000

I have to do better in December.  I hit my IF goal, lost a tenth of a pound, and that's about it.  Oh geez.  

Best Answer

@Baltoscott November was ok but I know I can do better. Didn't even loose weight but of I didn't gain any either which good. December  here I come. 

11-27  Steps: 3,311

11-28 steps: 3,374

11-29 steps: 2,667

11-30 steps: 3,380

Best Answer

Day 30

16K steps/day  29/30

10 pushup + shoulder extension /day

29/30

13 weight-lifting days

13/13

post 3 scavenger pics

3/3

Sleep 6 hours, 15 minutes +18 days or more during the month

21/18

1 pull-up

29/30

Unicycle: 15 mins/day for 25 days 

29/30

Lose 2 lbs. Start 164.7 lbs (Nov. 1)11/29

Log meals 30 days 

29/30

@San12 -- not gaining weight in November is a WIN in my book!  I didn't do that. I was pretty happy with the rest of November activity though.  On to December!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott Short and sweet..  12-5   steps: 3,846

12-6  steps: 2,583

12-7 steps; 2,951

12-8 steps; 3,548

Best Answer

this is business strategy. why do l set up more 3s/4s? we want to upgrade our customer eperi

Best Answer

That not a big deal 

Best Answer