Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pickleball

Anyone else here play pickleball?  I'm addicted to it even more than I'm addicted to Fitbit!  I play almost every day of the week and get a good 7,000 steps in during my 2-3 hours.  I'm trying to come home and walk outside for maybe 30 minutes when I'm done playing.  If that doesn't get me to 15,000 steps, I walk in front of the tv.  Pickleball is so much fun that it makes it easy to get those 7,000 steps.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33
Still waiting for pickleball to be added activity. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Best Answer

We need votes!  They won't add it if we don't get them!  I'm tired of seeing "Sport" for the time I play Pickleball. 

Best Answer

It’s a court sport, one of the fastest growing in America, played with wood or graphite paddles and modified “whiffle” balls. Mostly doubles, but singles also. Especially popular among active adults

Best Answer

Do a Google search by typing in the 3 words, pickleball news youtube

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, please I'm new to Fitbit can someone direct me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@leslie49 wrote:

Anyone else here play pickleball?  I'm addicted to it even more than I'm addicted to Fitbit!  I play almost every day of the week and get a good 7,000 steps in during my 2-3 hours.  I'm trying to come home and walk outside for maybe 30 minutes when I'm done playing.  If that doesn't get me to 15,000 steps, I walk in front of the tv.  Pickleball is so much fun that it makes it easy to get those 7,000 steps.

Joined the party recently and decided to share my new hobby! Glad there are Fitbit fans who love this game as well. 

To be honest, I've never thought it could be that interesting. Unfortunately now it's harder to find a partner, since my bf is a bit less enthusiastic than I am, hah. Results are nice. We're playing in our backyard now, it's not that comfortable but helps to kill some time (and calories as well, hah!). 
And I really like that it works for all ages and skill levels. I know people in their 20's who love pickleball, and I know people in their 70's and 80's who are a lot slower, but they love it too. And you can learn how to play in, like, 10 minutes (much easier than tennis) and have fun with some room and a basic equipment

Best Answer
Thanks for response. I have been suggesting to Fitbit that they include it in the Activities List (without success)for a couple of years. I many times log it as “Badminton” due to court size, etc. You’d think that as sport as popular and fast-growing would be in the Fitbit radar!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I usually select tennis and then edit the activity to change it to pickleball.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Best Answer

Yes! While a local park has courts (that convert back and forth to badminton and volleyball) we laid out a court in the parking lot behind our duplex and started the "Pickle Beach Club". The space in front of our garage is "Pickle Beach", where people who don't play sit, sip wine and watch. On days when we don't play I generally got about 10 miles walking but when we play I'll get 12 to 14 miles. It's great exercise and can be a good social time with your neighbors. 

Best Answer

That works, but fitbit needs to add it as a sport! I picked badminton over tennis because of court size😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've always wanted to try this. Unfortunately, my HOA has closed the pickleball courts now due to the virus.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES!!  I play just about every day, when I'm not playing I'm teaching it.  I'm a local ambassador for the USA Pickleball Association.  USAPA.ORG  do you know it?

Best Answer

What's pickleball?  My favorite question.   It's a combination of tennis and ping pong, played on a court the size of a badminton court.  20 ft wide by 44 feet long.  The net is a bit lower than a tennis net, 34 in at the center, 36 at the sidelines. The ball is hard plastic, with holes, think of a sort of heavier wiffle ball, and the paddle is the size of a racquetball racquet, but solid sort of like a thick pingpong paddle. It's great fun, terrific exercise and very very social.

Best Answer
Yes I know the organization.
Best Answer
0 Votes