Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebounders or Mini-Trampolines to get their Steps ?

I love my Rebounder - I can get 5,000 steps in one half hour !  Great burn !  

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@Jabrat It does seem like a lot of fun! I think that if I ever use one, I might fall off! I have terrible balance Smiley LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Helen - you would love it - they have bicycle bars coming to the States soon too.  I don't use a bar though.

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you do on your rebounder? I have just got one and not sure if I should be just jogging on the spot or doing anything else. 

Best Answer

Lisa - we have a new group we just started and we walk, we jog, we bounce and we exercise with our Fitbits - I always have music going - I have a bungee system one !  Love, love, love !  

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Helen - you would absolutely love it !  Rebounding is known all over the world - very interesting and we have just started a new group too !  We are learning about it more and more and have an expert that we go to !  

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lisa-UK I spend a lot of my time on the trampoline jogging, but sometimes I do jumping jacks or jump from side to side. I also saw a video where someone did a plank with their feet on the floor and arms on the trampoline. I have tried that once or twice - it's hard. I'm sure you can find more ideas online.

@Lisa-UK wrote:

What do you do on your rebounder? I have just got one and not sure if I should be just jogging on the spot or doing anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just requested to join your FB group 🙂

Best Answer

I started rebounding in late Novemeber and love it!! I am still working up to longer periods -- I can only do it for a few minutes at a time due to foot issues. But when I started I could only do 2-3 minutes once or twice a day and now I can do a total 20 minutes a day, sometimes more, and as much as 5-7 minutes at once sometimes. And I have to mostly do a "health bounce" still but I'm hopeful that with consistency my  rebounding options will also increase. It doesn't sound like much, but it's exciting for me! 🙂

Best Answer

I have had one for years and kinda left it in the back garden as a summer thing, something for my lttle girl to try out.  I should probably bring it in the house and use it properly.

Best Answer

Yes! You should bring it in and see if you like it! My kids love bouncing on ours, and I like that I can just do it when I get a few minutes here and there. Yay for endorphins! 🙂

Best Answer
Can you comment a little on how these work? Where do you get them, what are the good brands, and how much space do you need? It sounds really cool. I don't have a lot of space, though. Many thanks.
Best Answer

@GarudaGirl -- I started researching rebounders maybe 4-5 months ago. People can be *very* opinionated about them! haha   Belllicon is widely recognized as being like the "Cadillac" of rebounders, but then some people will also say that its high price tag ($500-$1000) is not worth it  and there are some competitors that are a better value (perhaps some of the JumpSport models?).  I think this qiBounding site/store had some comparisons somewhere. But in general, the "bungee" setup of some nicer rebounders is definitely a feature to be mindful of, I would say (as opposed to springs, which probably most people have seen/heard and is what is commonly thought of for mini-trampolines). Although there are probably nice spring ones out there, too, I suppose. 

If you live near Chicago, Bellicon has a store/office dowtown and you can bounce and jump to your heart's content to try one out in their display area -- they have maybe 15 or so set up in different sizes, colors, and bungee strengths.  I had the chance to do so when I was in town on business and -- wow! It was not what I was expecting. It was so fun!! You get such a great bounce with it! (Not at all like the mini-trampolines that a few of my friends had that I had also recently tried.) The bungees are sold based on the user(s) weight. They even have a frame model that has fold-up legs (for $50 extra <sigh> although after messing with a friend's some-other-brand rebounder that had legs you could unscrew for storage, I would caution against that option unless you are looking for frustration to be your main exercise; the Bellicon fold-up legs are super quick and sturdy). 

Best Answer

Rebounding is a good exercise to stay fit and healthy rather than to go gym and running etc. Because a fast jog or run will burn off about 120 calories per mile, while rebounding burns approximately 420 calories per hour.

Best Answer
Join us in our Rebounding Rocks Group

Sent from my iPhone
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love my rebounder and I use it daily. Many I found recommend rebounding for 15 to 20 minutes a day. But, my experience says it is enough for 8-10 minutes a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have started a "Rebounding Rocks" group !

https://www.facebook.com/groups/reboundingrocks/

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did much research before purchasing Cellercise. It has the springs in it and will last much longer and have lesser chance of the cords wearing out. The springs are made of steel, so that's pretty stable and strong. I have the bi-fold; although they do sell the tri-fold which is made for easier traveling. The customer service is excellent. The Cellercise was easy to set up, just pull it out of the box, unfold it and your are ready to go. Yes, there is a bar that can be attached to it, and there are many videos on YouTube showing all the things you need to know, and they are also on Face Book. I love my Cellercise because I can get in a really good aerobic workout with just bouncing and using my arms, and I don't even have to lift my feet off the mat. There are so many exercises that you can do on the rebounders. I am hoping to increase my stamina, get the blood moving, bring blood pressure down, and lose some weight at the same time. It even counts every bounce as a step. I can get in like 1,400 steps in 11 minutes, and the calories are burning up a storm. So I manage to do at least 2 sets of 11 minutes each day, sometimes I am able to get in 3 sets. I have already noticed that my body is changing, legs, thighs and arms are becoming firmer. And I love rebounding while watching tv. So easy to do; less stress on the joints, and a wonderful, fun way to exercise. So here's to health and more steps to rebounding!

Best Answer

What do you do on your trampoline? I have just got one and not sure if I should be just jogging on the spot or doing anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Children age 5 and under should not be permitted on a trampoline.
  • Provide adult supervision and adult spotters around the edge of the trampoline.
  • Never allow more than 1 person to jump at a time.
  • Do not permit gymnastic exercises or stunts, such as somersaults or flips.
  • Never allow children to bounce off the trampoline. Encourage them to stop bouncing, walk to the edge, sit and slide off.
  • To prevent young children from getting on without supervision, do not leave a ladder or chair near the trampoline.
  • Never permit children to play on a wet trampoline  <a href="https://outdoorbasketballguide.com/which-trampoline-is-the-bounciest"></a>
  • Place your trampoline in a fenced area to avoid being liable for injuries caused by your trampoline acting as an attractive nuisance. Failing to take proper precautions regarding an attractive nuisance could make you ineligible for a standard homeowners policy.
Best Answer
0 Votes