Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations: Work out video

Some days when I get off of work I just don't want to go to the gym or go for a walk. I want to get my steps in, so I will put on a work out video to keep me "moving". I have a walk away the pounds dvd (one of my faves) and a cardio dvd (which I do not love). I am looking for more ideas....I would rather have a selection. Does anyone use a dvd at home? Please share, if you do. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I don't use DVDs; I depend on YouTube for stuff like this. Both Lucy Wyndham-Read and Jessica Smith have YouTube channels with videos of the sort you're looking for. LWR in particular has lots of walking workouts. I greatly prefer Jessica Smith, though, because LWR has an incredibly annoying voice and *never shuts up*. Also, check out Fitness Blender's website (their stuff is also on YouTube) for a wide range of workout videos. The benefit to using their site is that they made it really searchable--you can enter all kinds of variables (time, calories burned, level of difficulty, type of workout, part of body that's the focus, etc), and it will find workout options for you. 

Best Answer

Like TKSurvives, I really like the Jessica Smith videos. She has a variety from just walking to some cardio/strength training that incorporate dumbbells.

There's also Leslie Sansone, but she's a bit too perky for me sometimes. She's less strenuous than the Jessica Smith videos; the Jessica Smith ones make me sweat!

There are also strength training and other exercise videos that don't incorporate walking. If you want, I'll post a few of my favorites here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone is different in the type of workouts and exercise that they enjoy. For instance, I really, really like a set of DVDs coming from a PBS television show, "Classical Stretch".  It is a low-impact workout that is structured and based in ballet, pilates, yoga, a little Tai Chi (mostly plies) and just plain gentle stretching. It is also *elegant*.  I have found myself toning places on my body that haven't been toned in years, after just 8 months of doing this program.  But, I realize that it's not for everyone. 

Miranda Esmonde-White, the creator of Classical Stretch AKA Essentrics, has chosen many of her workouts to help those who suffer from back, knee or hip pain, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, and other maladies. While each workout has a title that may say something like "Hip Strengthening and Flexibility", you can be sure that she will work your entire body as well as the hips! 

There is SO MUCH on YouTube -- you can find cardio, walking workouts, pilates, Tai Chi, theraband/resistance band, even workouts for those who have been diagnosed as diabetic, or those who are labeled "Seniors" (or would just like a slightly easier workout).  I have gone on many searches through YouTube to find things for those times when I am not near either my own PBS station and DVR (Classical Stretch comes on at 5 am, so I really need the DVR), or when I can only travel with a tablet and not my laptop. 

Donna 

Best Answer
0 Votes

INSANITY!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes