Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heartrate increases over time

Has anyone else tracked their resting heart rate to increase steadily over time? I've been tracking it for a couple months now since I started my WW and 3x weekly workouts and I have noticed my resting heart rate is much higher now than it was 5 months ago. Is this an expected norm as you lose body mass or should this be mentioned with my doctor? At my last appointment, my blood pressure was higher as well. Just curious about the changes I am noticing since becoming consistent with my diet and exercise levels. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @BikerMomma90.

How much was the increase?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it is a significant increase and you have high blood pressure, I would mention it to your doctor. I am assuming WW stands for weight watchers? If you are eating prepackaged food by them or anyone as your one meal.. you may be taking in a greater amount of sodium than you have in the past. That will increase your HR and your BP..I would check labels..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I'm a researcher at the University of Guelph looking to interview individuals over the phone with high blood pressure who use FitBits. Send me an email at kslemon@uoguelph.ca if you're interested!

Best Answer
0 Votes