Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Shoes Fit

Does anyone else have issues buying running shoes due to uncomfortably on the outside of the heel/mid foot support?  It feels like a lump in some shoes.  If you were to look down at your foot the problem point would be at the 6-7 o'clock position, right where the support rises in a typical shoe.  Any ideas on a good shoe to avoid this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have a large arch, or a small arch in your foot. I personally have a similar issue with shoes, but that is because I do not have much of an arch in my foot and most running shoes have large arches for support. This is usually a good thing but if you don't have a large arch this could be why. If that's the case I suggest trying to look for running shoes that have a small arch or no arch at all, there are a bunch of companies that sell shoes for flat footed runners, I suggest google 🙂 hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info, Tay.  I wouldn't say my arch is particularly large or small....at least I've never thought so before.  I've just noticed in the past few years that "lump" on the outside of my foot, opposite the arch.  I havent had any foot injuries so it just seems odd.  I'll take your suggestion and try some smaller arched shoes and see how that goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RunningRPM.  I've been running for over 35 years and the change in shoes is amazing.  I have extremely high arches.  I've been blessed not to have and pain issues. I buy shoes at Roadrunnersports.com. They offer a "shoe dog" which will find the appropriate shoes for you after you've answered a few questions. That's under the menu "Shoe Finder".  They offer a 40 day perfect fit promise which means you can return them.  I've never had to return a pair but I'm sure there is some discounted return policy. Customer Service is great too and you can call and ask questions.  Hope this helps.   Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a hard time with running shoes too. They all have too much plastic which is too loud and too heavy. I finally found ones I like- but... I have to use supports in them to make it more comfortable. I am prone to aches and pains so they help me tremendously.. 

As far as the unidentified lump.. maybe have it checked out. It could be a bunion or something similar that can be fixed with a simple surgery. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer