Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Chance January 2022 — Step Challenge and Resolutions

Welcome to 2022! Maybe you slid a bit on your goals in 2021, or just stalled some over the holiday months, or maybe two years of the pandemic still has you out of your groove. But it is the first month of a new year and it’s a great time to refocus and give yourself a Second Chance. It’s time to show the world that the virus isn’t the only thing that can adapt! So let’s start off the year with another monthly challenge.  Go ahead and try out something new. Give yourself a Second Chance ,,, a diet or exercise change, less drinking or smoking, going to bed earlier, learn a new skill … But in this case, commit for just a month and see how it goes.  You can do anything for a month, and if it still makes sense on January 31, try to make it ordinary come February. Or adapt it a bit.  

NOTE: No worries if you come across this after the first of the month, just join in and post your goals for whatever is left in the month after your start date.    

How It Works

The primary purpose of these monthly challenges is to keep track of your daily step goals for the month; though many of us track other things as well, like body weight exercises, sleep, trips to the gym, logging food, etc. This is not a competition to see who can do the most of whatever, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of the monthly total you can hit your goal.

Some might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and others might have a variable goal throughout the week, (and some might even plan days off!) for example.
Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day
Sat & Sun = “6k steps a day,” or “not tracking”

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for the monthly challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format    
1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.
2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved out of the monthly minimum and or monthly total

Picture Scavenger Hunt — 3 pictures 

The theme this month is repurposed items that have been given a second chance. My inspiration is a salvage store in Baltimore called Second Chance that pulls fixtures like kitchen cabinets, bathtubs, church pews, lighting fixtures out of homes being demolished or ‘improved’ and sells that stuff to other folks who are trying to fix up where they live. Pictures might be of items fulfilling their original purpose - i.e., historic doors moved to a new building — or repurposed items, like a bathtub turned into a vegetable garden.

IMG_0897.jpegIMG_0898.jpeg

Posting

Although you certainly don’t have to post daily, you’ll likely stay closer to what you set out to do by updating the thread several times/week.

Injury Notice
If you injure yourself during the month and need to scale back due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

Second Chance January 31

12K steps/day

/3

10k steps/day

/17

8K steps/day

/11

Close all 5 circles (steps, miles, floors, cals and zone minutes)

/20

Make dinner

/20

Drink 75 oz water/day

/25

Last January Steps

Last January Floors

Last January miles

Last January calories

January Wrap Up - As I said before it seems to be all or nothing with me.  I am going to try to be a bit more consistent with my steps.  I am happy that I beat all my January 2021 goals!  Sticking with trying to beat last years monthly totals and signing up for a free Healthy Wage challenge to inspire me to lose 6% of my current weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes