Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Senior that would 💘 to lose 50lb.I

Need to lose 50 lb. And love to take my two dogs with me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Oceangirl334 

Well to lose weight you should have less calories in than calories out. So manage your intake of food, choose rich nutrient food and whole foods, combined with some exercises should help you get there.

Here is an article on how to setup to Fitbit to have goals towards weight loss:

https://www.androidauthority.com/weight-loss-fitbit-3150316/

Best Answer

I need to lose 50 lbs too and I have a cute little yorkie....let's support each other!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you that was a helpful article

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey there @Oceangirl334 welcome to the community. As Seb pointed out, the best way to lose weight is to manage your calories along with increasing your activity. the old adage of eat less, move more is for sure the best advice for losing weight. as one who has dogs as well, I know they will love going on walks with you. Just make sure it is safe weather for your pups and get those steps in 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Eating fewer calories and exercising more is great advice, but I think misses important points.

• Eat the least amount of pre-processed/prepared (packaged) foods as possible
  • Reconsider changing the proportions of the food groups: protein, carbs, etc. Meals entirely of pasta are no bueno (which makes me very sad)
  • Have the doctor check your blood (AIC, etc)
  • Get plenty of exercise, but start slow and sustainably and increase the amount over time. Make small sustainable changes that can be lifetime changes. 
  • Be patient. Losing weight can take time for you body to make changes, and you will also build some muscle, so weight isn't the final measure of success.
  • You will plateau sometimes. Hang in there!
  • If you're till not making progress, evaluate your exercise.
    • Are you working hard enough to burn calories? Make sure you're getting into at least the fat burning zone during walks (work up to it if necessary)
    •  Check with your doctor to make sure there aren't other underlying issues, such as thyroid (I busted my back for three years with no weight loss due to low thyroid), but I hung in there, and was more fit regardless. Then, when the weight started to come off, my workouts really took off.

In general, I have found that I can eat at will (and don't feel hungry) if I monitor the kinds/proportions of food I am eating, and not eating processed food.

Good luck!

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer