Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadowboxing causing Steps--take off tracker?

ANSWERED

Hey, long story short I have a new VR headset and games that simulate boxing to get a workout. Since my Charge HR counts punches as steps, I'm wondering if I'm better off taking it off so as not to artificially inflate my step total. Or should I just leave it on for the heart rate monitoring, and use the steps gained instead of manually adding boxing as an activity? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would say that the heart rate tracking is a very valuable tool to monitor your conditioning and progress, and would keep it on for that reason, regardless of the impact on step counts. With the tracker on during workouts, you'll get much more accurate calorie burn counts also.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I would leave it on and try tracking the boxing before you start it instead of logging it afterwards. For me that works when biking.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I would say that the heart rate tracking is a very valuable tool to monitor your conditioning and progress, and would keep it on for that reason, regardless of the impact on step counts. With the tracker on during workouts, you'll get much more accurate calorie burn counts also.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

If you are worried about steps because you are in an activity group or challenge, you could put the Fitbit in your pocket. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. The tracker is likely missing some steps and catching up on the punches

Best Answer