Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your favourite podcast stations!

Hi there 🙂

I have recerntly begun to enjoy podcasts as compared to music when on the move. Runs, especially those on the treadmill can get super boring, and I have discovered that podcasts are great for distractions and even learning something new. 

There was an old thread on the same topic but it's from way back in 2014, so I was wondering if people would find it interesting to share the latest podcasts that's on your playlist. I am always looking for new ones, but here are few that I subscribe to:

TEDTalks audio, Millenial, Modern Love, A Couple Cooks, StoryCorps, and Books and Authors.

Share your favourites!

Zimni

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

I love listening to podcasts while I'm doing almost anything. I find it more entertaining than music! If anyone is interested in some gaming podcasts I have a small list of good ones.

• The Co-Optional Podcast by Totalbiscuit (You can find it on Youtube or Soundcloud)
  • Nintendo Voice Chat (From IGN.com)
  • GiantBombCast (From GiantBomb.com)

All of them are very fun, insightful and interesting. They are a bit adult oriented in their language but it's not too much. 

I also listen to some Superhero related podcasts:

• The Comicbookcast (Youtube and Soundcloud)
  • The Weekly Pull (Twitch.tv)
  • NerdSyncPodcast (Soundcloud)

They are fun if you're into that stuff, really great discussions and time flies while you're listening to them.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I enjoyed that first Serial as well, but like you, I just could not get into it either. 

For you and everyone else, thanks for sharing your favorite podcasts!

Beatdb2
Best Answer

I liked the third Serial. Really different.

i also listen to Slate's Political Gabfest and Culture Gabfest; News in Slow Italian to keep up with my second language; Criminal; and The Splendid Table.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am going to check some of these out.

Best Answer

My favorites:

• The Daily - New York Times daily news pod, first thing I listen to as I hit the weights in the early morning
  • Pod Save America - political pod by Obama's old speechwriters and staff, really funny
  • Decrypted (Bloomberg Tech Pod) 
  • The Axe Files (David Axelrod) - great, insightful interviews, Steve Kerr episode is great
  • How I Built This (NPR) - love how humble all these amazing industry titans are...and how a lot of it comes down to persistence and luck
  • Lovett or Leave It - Jon Lovett, former Obama speechwriter, hilarious pod
  • Pod Save the World - Tommy Vietor, former Obama spokesperson, deep interviews about foreign relations
  • Ponzi Supernova - covers the whole Bernie Madoff scandal
  • PBS Newshour

Yup, my pods veer into the political realm. Also enjoy some others have mentioned like WTF Marc Maron, and I love that all the Sunday morning news programs are available in pod form, favs being Fareed Zakaria's GPS, NBC Meet The Press, CNN State of the Union.

This basically consumes all of my waking commute/gym time.

Best Answer

My all-time favorite is the Jillian Michaels show.  I also like the fit2fat2fit experience.  Rich Roll is a good one, but some of the topics can be a little bit hippy-dippy for my preference.

Best Answer

What a great thread @Zimni, so much new stuff to listen to!  Since no one has mentioned it yet, I really enjoyed LifeAfter and The Message.  Both mystery sci/fi type stuff.  Great production by GE Podcast Theatre and Panoply.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I forgot to add to my list Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me and Great Courses, which gives synopses of courses in their catalog.

Best Answer

I also liked Season 1 of Serial. I listen to "The Joe Rogan Experience" the most. I didn't think I would like it, but the topics can be pretty interesting and the podcasts are longer so I don't have to worry about them ending in the middle of a hike. I also like the 5AM Miracle, but mostly because the guy is quite enthusiastic and makes it impossible for me to sleep in. There are several History and How Things Work podcasts that I like, but a lot of the time I listen to TED Talks.

Best Answer

Thanks @Baltoscott! I agree, and so much variety to explore in terms of genres. Just read the description for LifeAfter, and I am intrigued - surely adding it to my list, Thanks!

Best Answer

Thanks @Baltoscott! I agree, and so much variety to explore in terms of genres. Just read the description for LifeAfter, and I am intrigued - surely adding it to my list. Thanks!

Best Answer

I love to listen to Gastropod and The Mustards when I go out for a walk. I find it hard to concentrate on the treadmill (since its in the gym), I listen to the BBC Daily Commute or Brookings Cafeteria.

Best Answer

I've gotten into podcasts lately too.  I'm going to look into some mentioned here.  My favs are

1.  The Moth (It is storytellers telling stories about their lives.) Can be funny, touching, interesting.  So far I've liked them all.

2.  Let's not panic - A couple in their early thirties took 18 months to drive from San Francisco, through Central America, down the coast of South America to the very southern tip of Chili.  They do one podcast a week about their adventures.  They are funny, observant, smart and honest.  Makes good listening.

3.  Planet Money  

Best Answer

I just recently found this message string and have gotten several new podcasts I want to try (thanks to all). One site I recommend is Decoder Ring Theater. There are you can get access to two excellent serials, The Red Panda and Black Jack Justice.

Best Answer

Sword and Scale has been by FAR my favorite podcast series to listen to!  It is a crime podcast, so I'm sure it wouldn't be everyone's cup o' tea, but of those that thought it might be interesting and gave it a chance, I've not found one person that's disliked it.

Also, I'm really glad this is the first post I came across since joining the fitbit family!  I've always only listened to music while I ran, and it never even came to thought that maybe podcasts would be a better alternative for runs and walks!  Thank you!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.
Best Answer

No Such Thing As A Fish is my go-to podcast. It is the researchers on the comedy/panel/factshow QI (UK show unsure if shown elsewhere? Hosted by Stephen Fry)

They share their favourite facts they have found this week and its fascinating and funny! x

Best Answer

My new favorite podcast is The Casey Crew. It is Dj Envy and his wife Gia Casey. It is about a variety of topics. Check it out.

Best Answer

I will watch out for some of these..

Best Answer

IF Podcast is one of the ones I enjoy listening to and another is Dr. Jason Fung.  You can pull him up from the Podcasts lists.  Other than that I just have Alexa read my kindle books to me while walking or play some appropriate music.  All through my bluetooth earbuds.  

Best Answer