Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your favourite podcast stations!

Hi there 🙂

I have recerntly begun to enjoy podcasts as compared to music when on the move. Runs, especially those on the treadmill can get super boring, and I have discovered that podcasts are great for distractions and even learning something new. 

There was an old thread on the same topic but it's from way back in 2014, so I was wondering if people would find it interesting to share the latest podcasts that's on your playlist. I am always looking for new ones, but here are few that I subscribe to:

TEDTalks audio, Millenial, Modern Love, A Couple Cooks, StoryCorps, and Books and Authors.

Share your favourites!

Zimni

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

One of my absolute favorite podcasts is Stuff You Should Know

It's always super informative and they recently reached the 1000 episode milestone, which the topic of discussion was The Simpsons. 

Hope you enjoy. Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

My favorites:  Model Health with Shawn Stephenson;  Ben Greenfield Fitness; KWIK Brain with Jim Kwik; The Urban Monk (pedram is the best!)

Best Answer

What a wonderful storehouse of podcasts! Thanks everyone, keep them coming!

I recently stumbled upon 'Why o Why' and NPR's 'StoryCorps'. I am finding random discussions on everyday life and people to be quite engaging when out on those gruelling long runs. 

Best Answer

My interest is in Type 1 Diabetes so I LOVE LOVE 

Juicebox Podcast 

Beyond Bariatric Surgery 

TEDTalks Health

For fitness:

Lewis Howes- The school of Greatness 

Best Answer

A podcast i would really recommend if your looking to learn things and be amused whilst on the treadmill is a podcast called "Stuff You Should Know" its a great mix of comedy and interesting conversation that seems to distract me if i am running on a treadmill (even though i much prefer running outdoors) They always talk about interesting topics, the one that i am listening to at the moment is about Narcissism, i'd highly recommend the podcast, its definitely worth a listen

Best Answer

*Wait wait don't tell me (news trivia game)

*Lore (about all things folklore)

*Dirty John (true crime)

*Disunplugged (disneyland talk show)

Best Answer

Some of my faves are Stuff You Should Know, Car Talk, CarStuff, Planet Money, Freakonomics Radio, This American Life, Invisibilia and 99% Invisible.  

Plenty of great ideas for new stuff to listen to.  Thanks and Happy New Year!

Best Answer

I quite like the Two-Shot Podcast by Craig Parkinson off Line of Duty. Parkinson is an English actor from Blackpool (I think) and has intriguing conversations with co-stars and others (including Amanda Abbington from Sherlock). Makes the run go very quickly.

Best Answer

While I like a good political/historical podcast every now and then (Philip DeFranco will do interviews on other podcasts), the ones I always listen to are comedy-related and warped at that. 

Ralph Garman who used to be an on-air personality on the Kevin & Bean show in Los Angeles is starting his own morning podcast rather then be hemmed in by traditional on-air rules and regulations.  While he wasn't planning on starting until January 22, 2018, he has already released his views on the first episode of The Bachelor (he makes me laugh a LOT).

Then there are the Hollywood Babble-On (Ralph Garman and Kevin Smith) and Fat Man on Batman (Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin talk about comic books) podcasts.  You can watch both of these on video, but they are also both podcasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Checked them out Fat man on Batman doesn't seem like my thing but have
downloaded a few of the Hollywood Babble-ont to give a try.
Thanks
Best Answer

If you want some music to listen to while working out, you can't go wrong with PodRunner. The music is mixed by a professional DJ who builds hour long tracks to specific BPMs - you want to run at 160 BPM, he's got you covered. You want to spend an hour pedaling at 180 BPM, he's got that, too.

He's even got staircase and interval mixes to let you shake things up.

I highly recommend it.

Best Answer