Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some exercises add active minutes but others don't?

Sometimes when I manually log an exercise it will add the length of the exercise to my active minutes if the exercising wasn't automatically detected - like when I do yoga or pilates.

However sometimes when I log an exercise manually, if any active minutes were detected during the workout, they get deducted from my overall active minutes and none are added by the app - like with running or elliptical.

Is this a glitch? Should I uninstall and reinstall the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

When you manually log exercise, that overwrites any data that was actually recorded.  Whether or not you get "active minutes" depends on the parameters you input with, whether that makes it seem like it would have been intense enough.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alright I guess I wasn't clear.

For example, on Friday I manually logged 30 minutes of Pilates. I am still sitting at 0 active minutes for Friday. However, today I manually logged 30 minutes of Yoga. I did not earn any active minutes while doing it, but once I logged it in the Exercise portion I received 30 active minutes. This happens to me regularly. If I manually enter an Elliptical workout I will receive Active Minutes, but not if I manually log a Run.

So I suppose my main question is why do some activities add active minutes (like Yoga) when entered manually but others (like Pilates) do not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PurrPrinThom  This happens and in this link I have given an example the way active minutes work..

All about a minimum of 10 minutes above 3 times your BMR...

@PurrPrinThom wrote:

Alright I guess I wasn't clear.

For example, on Friday I manually logged 30 minutes of Pilates. I am still sitting at 0 active minutes for Friday. However, today I manually logged 30 minutes of Yoga. I did not earn any active minutes while doing it, but once I logged it in the Exercise portion I received 30 active minutes. This happens to me regularly. If I manually enter an Elliptical workout I will receive Active Minutes, but not if I manually log a Run.

So I suppose my main question is why do some activities add active minutes (like Yoga) when entered manually but others (like Pilates) do not?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Colin. I guess my post must be confusing because that isn't my question.

I understand how active minutes are calculated and how they are earned through the Fitbit tracker. That's not what I'm asking about.

My question is why logging some activities adds active minutes. For example, right now, sitting at my desk at work having 0 active minutes, if I put in that I have just completed 60 minutes of Yoga, the app will not only record the exercise but it will add 60 minutes to my active minutes even though they were not recorded by the tracker.

With other activities, it will not add any active minutes. I'm wondering why this is and if it's a glitch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PurrPrinThom  My apologies.... I'm posting to 2 others   at the same time with Active Minutes issues where they are manually adding to show a name for their activity and flat lining the Calories.

I did that test and added 30 minutes of Yoga while I was asleep...   and in my Dashboard  it added 30 minutes of Active minutes..

Fitbit just use industry standards based on your physical attributes.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes