Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairclimber as Aerobic Activity

ANSWERED

I have a Charge 2, is there a way to log my time on the stairclimber as aerobic activity? I understand why it won't register as "floors counted" but if I spend 20 minutes on the stairclimber at the gym I get quite a workout, but it doesn't register. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Litzz No problem!  It's been awhile since I had my Charge 2, so I can't remember how many exercises it can have.  Enjoy!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Litzz Hello!  You can start the workout from your Charge 2.  You can add the stair climber as an exercise by going into the Fitbit app.  Click on the icon of your Charge 2, find the "Exercise Shortcuts" and then you can add in stair climbing.  You may have to remove one exercise first.  Then you'll get a list of exercises you can have on your Charge 2.  Simply add the stair climber, sync your Charge 2 to your phone, and voila!  You can now begin the exercise from your Charge 2 at the start of your workout.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thanks, I did as you suggested and then hit the gym. It still doesn't automatically show up as "stairclimber" on my exercise log. I have to do something else first (like walk) and then manually recategorize it. Is it supposed to work that way? Thanks so much for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Litzz Are you starting the workout from your Fitbit device first? That’s the best way to do it. 

Fitbit will not auto recognize the Stairclimber (learn more about Smart Track here). You need to start the activity from your Fitbit. 

On your Charge 2, select the Exercise app and then select Stairclimber and begin the workout. 

This is what it looks like on my Versa. 

BED9F242-6E72-49F8-AEFA-E4C9347F9BD6.jpeg

Best Answer

Oooohhh!!! 

Yeah, the only exercise that comes up on my fitbit is "run. Sorry to keep bugging you but how do I add an exercise to my actual fitbit? I did the thing with the app but it doesn't show up on my device. Maybe I need an upgraded FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Litzz When you go into the app and click on your Charge 2, do you see the option for exercise shortcuts?

4BA314F9-6207-4963-A397-99E203506C8B.jpeg

9E2E8E89-EA98-4D32-96C0-8F2371C0D743.png

9B8E39AD-EF1A-4587-A454-C0A2851D4135.png

Best Answer

OK thanks for your help, I've been fooling around with it, apparently the Charge 2 can only have one exercise on the device's menu? So I substituted Stairclimber for "run" since I'm not running these days anyway!

Thanks again for your help. I will probably need to get an upgraded device at some point.

Best Answer

@Litzz No problem!  It's been awhile since I had my Charge 2, so I can't remember how many exercises it can have.  Enjoy!

Best Answer