Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying Motivated

ANSWERED

I'm looking for tips about how to stay motivated. When the New Year starts off, I always kick my fitness routine into high gear. Eating well. Logging every meal and snack. Working out and walking whenever I can. I can make it through well into the spring, but by summertime my motivation starts to wane. Obviously, this is frustrating. I'd like to maintain my progress and further improve well into the summer season and beyond! I'm always in my best shape by early spring, but have trouble staying motivated past that. 

Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try to find the reason why you started in the first place. You started it because you want it, but why do you want it? That inner drive I find to be the best and lasting motivation one can have. Maybe write it down so you can remind yourself. And keep it fun. If you start to lose motivation because it becomes a rut, look for new things you enjoy and that are fun so you can change things up.

Karolien | The Netherlands

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Try to find the reason why you started in the first place. You started it because you want it, but why do you want it? That inner drive I find to be the best and lasting motivation one can have. Maybe write it down so you can remind yourself. And keep it fun. If you start to lose motivation because it becomes a rut, look for new things you enjoy and that are fun so you can change things up.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I just made it a habit of working out in the morning before work and eating right most of the time.  Still going strong after 3 years!

Best Answer

Motivation is an emotion. Some days you will be motivated, some you will not be. You can't rely solely on it to build and maintain new habits. This is where discipline comes in. It will get you through those times when motivation wanes. I am not always motivated to get out of bed early and start working, but I still do it. Discipline gets me there. 

When it comes to fitness, try to find something that you enjoy doing. That way, on most days you will stick to your routine because you want to. And, on those days that you don't feel like it, you'll have the discipline to get it done. Start out small. Schedule manageable and achievable fitness sessions throughout the week. Set yourself up for success by not doing too much too soon. Once smaller sessions become a habit, build upon that foundation and add more activities as time allows. Before you know it, you will have a consistent fitness routine that will allow you to meet your goals!

Best Answer

Stay motivated by looking back on what you have done. If you look back on what you have done it will motivate you to beat your record or to maintain your success. Day by day you will get better and better until you want to be where you are at. Once you are where you want to be you can maintain it so you do not loose it.

Best Answer