Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and exercise tracking help

So my form of exercise is walking but I'm confused about my steps and the exercise tracking

I went onto my fitbit app and i clicked weekly exercise thing and I noticed it counted this mornings walk as an exercise.

So I deleted the exercise and went to mfp to see the fitbit calorie burn adjustment and noticed my estimated tdee was dropped.

So when I walk should I delete any tracked exercise or what? I'm afraid my tdee has been false and is counting steps and tracked exercise 

In 16 with a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'm a "just a walker" guy too Jake.

What we may be doing different is how we look at exercise. I see walking as my primary exercise and monitor on my pc dashboard:

walk.jpeg

I click see more by clicking "see more"

walkII.jpeg

This history tells me how many "extra" calories and, just as important, how much time I invested in the weeks activity.  The totals of the benefit calories from exercise should match up to the total "activity" calories on your mobile:

active.jpeg

These would be the calories used today beyond those expected to just keep breathing and blood pumping. Keep walking, that's the key, you are doing great!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Hey Jake- don't delete your exercise. In the big picture it doesn't mean anything to have it count as exercise, but it allows you to track your activity, how many calories you burned (approx.) your HR during a really fast walk vs a more even pace. It's good data. And it will do both- count steps and give you credit for exercise. It is working as it should.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer