Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tachycardia

Does this seem like tachycardia or is this common? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hard to tell and I'm definitely not a professional. 

Were you rested during the spikes, as I've had similar graphs. My worst spike was 170 for about a minute then dropped to around 150 for a bit and then dropped again and stayed at 115 (which is usually my walking speed).

I recently had some chest pain, like a squeezing sensation on my left side but no spread to anywhere else, my heart rate was consistently in the 130-140 zone whilst seated. I'd called the EMTs and had ECG done, blood pressure taken and blood sugars checked. All came back okay and the professionals believed it may have been stress or anxiety.

Anxiety wouldn't make any sense as I didn't mentally feel anxious about anything but the stress might be the previous night, having to deal with some family drama. 

All in all, I've learnt couple ofthings:

Its very easy to freak out with Fitbit readings and sometimes it's often nothing at all to worry about. Even Trachyardia is usually nothing to worry about but if you are worried, go to the GP or called the non emergency line... In the UK we have 999 for emergency and 111 for non emergency.

I wish I could upload one of my graphs, you'll see there's similarities but then again each person is different. 

Wishing you all the best! 

Best Answer

Thank you for the input! I wasn't exercising, I spent the day studying. Is your sleeping rate high? I'm not entirely sure what is considered a normal one, but that might give info on if it's stress (I also do not feel stressed though). I'm leaning towards going to a doctor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is yours like this everyday or only some days (mine is everyday)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll give you some quick info on me

29 years old, about 5"7 and 175lbs

My sleeping heart rate is a actually averaging 65bpm, no noticeably spikes. 

My resting (sitting down, lying down awake) is averaging about 85 bpm

Walking outdoors is usually 115-120 bpm. 

I don't exercise as of yet so I cant say what I would be exerting myself. 

However, recently, I've had a slighter higher resting averages (right now I'm at 95, sometimes it'll hit 100 but come down) but more walking bpm will still be 115-120 which is normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's worth checking with your GP and get yourself and overall health check. 

I'm at the doctors tomorrow actually as my recent health scare was only last night. But I feel a lot better than the EMTs weren't concerned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your watch say your resting is 85 or is that what you've seen to be the case? Fitbit said my resting that day was 93bpm, but looking at the graph and my watch throughout the day seems inaccurate. I'm glad you're getting checked! I would like to see a doctor, but my family does not want me to due to corona virus (there are cases in my city and my dad is a diabetic, so high risk). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fear is if this could cause longterm damage to my heart, but I do not want to risk my dad's health as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked with fitbit support. The resting on the app is the average of a 24 hour period, so it includes sleeping heart rate, which is generally lower. But this varies from resting described medically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 85 resting is what I see if I check at any given moment sitting down, so it's an average of what I see. 

My Fitbit will tell me its lower as I believe it takes into account my sleeping heart rate. 

85 ain't too worrying but definitely could improve with fitness and try knock it down to the mid or low 70s. My worry was my recent readings this week being higher, going into late 90s and then when I had my spikes, that worried me. 

Definitely getting a full health check and definitely gonna get myself healthier and fitter ASAP! All in all I'm not as worried as I was the last couple of days, I'm optimistic and looking forward to getting fit again.

Although I'm not a Healthcare professional, I'd say your graph doesn't seem too worrying but again, get a checkup and get in the habit of having at least yearly checkups in future. 

Good luck to you and try to keep a calm mind 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your input and you have a great mindset 🙂 Double checking to be sure, and then working out! You go Stephen! 

Best Answer

Great topic! 💜 Now and days is very common to hear about this condition. I've heard that a lot of factor can cause it. For example strenuous exercise, a fever, fear, stress, anxiety, certain medications, and street drugs can lead to sinus tachycardia. It can also be triggered by anemia, an overactive thyroid, or damage from a heart attack or heart failure.

Some doctors agree that supraventricular tachycardia is most likely to affect people who smoke, drink too much alcohol, or have a lot of caffeine. In some cases it’s linked to heart attacks. It’s more common in women and children.

The ventricular type is associated with abnormal electrical pathways which are present at birth (long QT), structural problems of the heart such as a cardiomyopathy or coronary disease, medications, or electrolyte imbalance.

Sometimes, the reason is unclear. 🤔

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes