Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fitbit app does not show the route map when exercising

Hi.

I have noticed lately that when I start my exercises, mostly walking or jogging, with my versa little, everything on, gps, bluetooth, data, etc. Phone next to the Fitbit, when I finish and have a look at the information in the app I can´t find the map of the route. As I said, the map used to show everytime I put the fitbit in exercise but not anymore. At least since 3 months ago. 

How can I have that feature back please?

Thanks, Clara 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Does it show if you click into the tile showing the activity? It has been a long time since I used GPS with my tracker and I recall the map coming up as part of the activity, but try clicking to the next layer. If not, you can try to restart your tracker. I have not heard that the feature was removed.. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ceferlaso, it's great to see you in our Fitbit forums. Please check out this help article, which explains how the GPS feature works on your Fitbit device and it also contains some troubleshooting steps for you to try.

After this, monitor your Fitbit device and see if it provides GPS data.

Thank you so much for your help @emili.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to start both the app and the tracker in order to get the route and heart rate to be recorded. No idea why and it's a pain to have to set and finish two devices but seems the only way to get it to work. 

Best Answer

I've been advised by support that there's a known issue with GPS/map activity. It's been working perfectly for me for a while when walking, but when I tried to record a run activity this morning, the map data does not show and the activity did not sync to Strava. I couldn't get any details of what the known issue was, or get a timeframe for when it will be fixed.

Best Answer

Thank you @judetheobscure  yes,I have been doing the same. Starting up the app in the phone plus the fitbit. But it doesn´t work properly and I keep them both very close. Fitbit left, phone left pocket. But out of 5 kms that I usually walk, it only shows one long line and the rest of the information is missing. 

Now it is not even recording my bike journeys to work and back which is more than 30 minutes. It is really annoying! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you @hallmichaelr  when I opened the app today there was a message saying something like that. Hopefully it will be solved soon as it is quite annoying. Maybe @JuanJoFitbit  knows something about it?

Best Answer
0 Votes