Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Joy of Rebounding !

Just wondering if there are any rebounders out there - have had a wonderful time since buying my mini trampoline and bouncing to get my steps - awesome calorie burns !  

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@Jabrat wrote:

Just wondering if there are any rebounders out there - have had a wonderful time since buying my mini trampoline and bouncing to get my steps - awesome calorie burns !  

Meant to mention that it is quite a different way to get your steps - but remember a step is a step !  

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

@Jabrat wrote:

@Jabrat wrote:

Meant to mention that it is quite a different way to get your steps - but remember a step is a step !  

@JabratHi there. I hope you aren't relying on the calories for a weight reduction because the mini-rebounders and exercise balls give me nearly double the calorie burn for less effort (HRM readings).

It is the type of action that tricks the accelerometer.  Believe it our not, I got 100% VAM bouncing on my exercise ball at an ave bounce of 98/minute. Pulse hardly moved, and because the pulse was under 80 bpm, useless for the HRM.

But enjoy your bouncing... I also find on the exercise bike, the latency (half the walking steps) gives me the same calories as walking at 75% of my maxHR.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Collin - Really enjoying my new rebounding - we are really rocking in our group - the calories burned were 25,000 last week - love, love, love it !  And I work a desk job.

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Collin - Well I will watch when it comes to the calories burned - you think it is tricking the Fitbit ?

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

We will be testing in the group too - we all have many new gadgets

@Jabrat wrote:

!  I want to know the true calorie burn ! 

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

you can burn some calories while rebounding - NASA says about 700 calories per hour.  

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

@Jabrat wrote:

We will be testing in the group too - we all have many new gadgets

@Jabrat wrote:

!  I want to know the true calorie burn ! 

@JabratI agree with all of the health benefits but I was quoting @Mary in this post because I found this post at about the time I found how inflated the calorie burn was on my Exercise Ball just bouncing at 98 bouncers/minute.

The Fitbit Manual Trampoline activity gives me the same calories as walking at 3 mph. 115 calories I need to walk at about 4 mph to achieve some VAM. So the effort of bouncing tricks the accelerometer and you get inflated VAM and calories for very low effort. So a HRM is in order to test the effort.

I have just done an 11 minute test and all Fitbits had an ave of 90-91 bounces/minute, a  slow speed 2.48 mph (4 kmh) and nearly all 100% VAM. My HRM was only 51% of maxHR, 74 bpm (but my resting HR is 54 and at sleep it gets to 42 bpm and I'm no athlete, genes.). So a HRM would be useless because I believe most aren't accurate under 80 bpm because the ave RHR for humans is 65-80/min.

I don't want to put a blanket over Mini-trampolines or rebounders because they are excellent, especially in snowbound countries.  This table is the results tonight. If I were to do 900 steps walking in 11 minutes I will only get 1/2 the calories, barely above office work effort. So the point is enjoy all of your activities because everything helps our mind and body but be aware of the oddities because the Fitbits are excellent pedometers. 

Mary may comment from her experience because there is more here in April 2014, this link

I have also included Jabrat's link to the benefits

http://rebound-air.com/best_rebounding_33_ways.htm

exercise ball.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I will get an HRM Collin - for sure !  I want to know exactly because when we trampoline - we trampoline - some do 100,000 steps at it too !  We just don't light jump - our arms and legs are moving - so I will check with the HRM watch and see 🙂

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

@Jabrat wrote:

you can burn some calories while rebounding - NASA says about 700 calories per hour.  

@JabratI would agree with the figures I got on the exercise ball tonight for my Fitbit One, probably about 600 inflated calories but in the Manual activities for Fitbit it only gives me 235 calories for one hour.

Best Answer

@Jabrat wrote:

I will get an HRM Collin - for sure !  I want to know exactly because when we trampoline - we trampoline - some do 100,000 steps at it too !  We just don't light jump - our arms and legs are moving - so I will check with the HRM watch and see 🙂

@JabratWith that effort I'm sure you are burning the calories. I can't do too much of that, otherwise I would have tested it myself. Lower back, age related, so walking and little exercise ball and now some walking backwards. yes, walking backwards....

You are probably hanging out for the new releases next year.  Enjoy it all....

Best Answer

I have a rebounder, what is your routine? I've not thought to use it for steps.

Best Answer

What Galeforce?  I just did exercise tapes this morning for an hour and logged many, many steps.  Ask me as a friend - I know many rebounders - we do all kinds of different things on ours.  We are just testing right now in our groups.  Getting heart rate monitors - I did the walking tapes for my balance and realized that I can do it !  If the calories are wrong - I am still happy - even if I cut in half !  

@Jabrat wrote:

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

For people that don't know about Rebounding and Fitbit - it is actually mini trampolining !  It has many health benefits !  

Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

I like my minitrampoline. I think it's easier on my feet and legs than just jogging on the floor. But I do think I don't go as fast on the trampoline as on the floor. I have to go longer to get the same number of steps.

Best Answer
nothing like the mini trampoline - no impact and steps galore !!
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
nothing like the mini trampoline - no impact and steps galore !!
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer

Any suggestions on the rebounder?  Looking to buy one and any help would be appreciated  thanks!

Best Answer

Have a look at Jabrat's facebook group for rebounders. Lots of information and enthusiastic users.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/redtennisshoerebounders/

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Hi Colin!  What does "VAM" stand for?  I'm a newbie here... just trying to understand the lingo! Thanks!

Best Answer