Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking steps without arm moving?

ANSWERED

Anyone know of the best way to track steps without my arm moving?  I stopped using an old fitbit because usually when I hike, I have my hands in my pocket or behind my back, which renders the watch completely useless.  However, with this one reading o2, I was contemplating buying a new charge 4, but I'll be in the same predicament.  I thought the fitbit app should be able to tie into the phone's pedometer or something, but it used to not do that.  Have not used it for close to 2 years now, and wasn't sure if anything has changed or not with this.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sam1G It sounds like the Fitbit Inspire with the clip attachment that can be worn on your waist or belt loop might be the best fit for you.  It's important to note that the Inspire that fits in the clip doesn't have a heart rate monitor or SpO2 sensor.

You could always put your Fitbit device in your pocket as well.  Some people put them on their ankle (that would likely mess with your heart rate readings).  

I'm going to move your post to the Get Moving board, as this has been discussed quite a bit over there and really is more about steps and movement and less about the Charge 4.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Sam1G It sounds like the Fitbit Inspire with the clip attachment that can be worn on your waist or belt loop might be the best fit for you.  It's important to note that the Inspire that fits in the clip doesn't have a heart rate monitor or SpO2 sensor.

You could always put your Fitbit device in your pocket as well.  Some people put them on their ankle (that would likely mess with your heart rate readings).  

I'm going to move your post to the Get Moving board, as this has been discussed quite a bit over there and really is more about steps and movement and less about the Charge 4.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer