Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected benefits coming from exercising

The idea of making this topic came to me today during my driving lesson ( yes, it took me years finally to make that step forward 😄 ). We all know that exercise is good. It supports weight loss, helps to keep a heart in good shape etc. But how about other benefits that we didn't expect to get out of it?

- When reversing during driving, my instructor always tells me to look back through the back window but until now I could not turn around in my seat and if I did I couldn't really control properly the pedal. Today, however, I found out it went so light and easy and natural. No back pain, no pain in legs when bending etc. Recently, I incorporated whole body weight training and when I thought of it, it became quite obvious where this skill comes from. Some of my exercises ( in fact, most of them ) are pure bending. It so improved my performance with regards to the whole driving.

- There's one more benefit, which actually causes me to develop gym-addiction. I feel more awake throughout the day if I start it with an early morning workout. I believe it's because the brain gets more oxygen. Comparing with days I skip the workout - on those days I sometimes feel like a zombie ( ok, it's not that bad, I'm not craving for human flesh 😄 ). It's an energy punch that keeps me going for long hours. Didn't expect that either. I used to run during lunch time and yes, it was getting similar results, however, the morning exercise is so much better. My performance at work ( software engineer ) went up.

Are there any unexpected good changes that appeared thanks to being more active?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I agree with the benefits and will add one. Exercise in the morning, opens my mind to be more creative and generally nicer. Endorphins make everyone happy. 🙂

I'm off to take a walk before heading into the office. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@MarciM

I agree, I think exercising in the morning is helpful for me as well. While I do get tired right after my workouts, that tiredness does not continue through the rest of my day. In fact, I feel pretty good through out the rest of the day.

I have also read that morning workouts promote weight loss better, but I think results vary based on how different we all are.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's so awesome! What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarciMHave to agree with mornings as well. If I dont get my walk in I'm pretty grumpy  Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with everything you wrote @SunsetRunner.. I feel the same way. Before I became more fit, mopping the floor would be a workout for me. I also agree about mornings... I walk the dogs every morning for about two miles. They need it and I need it. I feel better between the walk, fresh air and clear thinking.. poop scooping I can do without- but I take the good with the bad...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes