Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using fitbit to track calories

Hi all,

I just got my fitbit Charge and I'm slowly figuring it out.  That being said, lol, tomorrow is my C25K day, I use the gym treadmill.  Before my fitbit I'd log what the treadmill said my calories burned were, opposed to what the c25k app said.  I'm wondering if the same is true for the fitbit.  Should I be now be going by what the fitbit says when i'm done or should I continue to go by the machine.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Its really up to you. But I would use the Button on the side to to start it and when done Stop it when done.

This puts it in to Exercising mode as well as sleep

Let fitbit do its thing.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

completely agree with Wendy. The calorie burn on most cardio machines is not calibrated to you- it is calibrated to a standard. The results you get are always higher than the reality. You will get a more accurate calorie read on your fitbit. Treadmills and elliptical are the worst. Bikes are third and StairMaster are the closest to being accurate.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I agree with the ladies above.

There are online calculators/apps where you can enter your age, gender, weight, choose the activity and it'll crunch out a calories burned number for you. I'm not sure how acurate these are but it should be more acurate than the readings on the machines.

Best Answer
0 Votes