Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration Plate exercise machines ???

Anyone have any experience with these? Apparently it's the new craze.

The way I understand, you just stand on the thing for 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day, 3 or 4 times a week. And it's supposed to keep your muscles toned or shake off those pesky extra pounds.

@ R18 000.00 it's not cheap, but I'd buy it in a second if it actually worked. It'd be the ultimate exersize machine for lazy **ahem** SOB's like myself.

So, does anyone know whether this stuff actually works? Or is it just another one of those pie in the sky hoaxes?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

When something sounds too good to be true, then there’s usually an issue with it...

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It's probably as effective as the earlier model of vibration reducing LMAO   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmOGSzCTGJU

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a few potential issues with these units, though they may be effective.

As a review of data, published in a March 2013 issue of Current Osteoporosis Reports, points out, at high intensities vibration can actually cause bone fractures. That's a particular problem because osteoporosis is one of the conditions for which vibration plates are being considered as a possible treatment.

The authors go on to note that continuing exposure to vibration has also been shown to cause low back pain in truck drivers; circulatory disorders in construction-site workers operating machinery; and other conditions such as blurred vision, tinnitus, headaches and joint pain.

They also identify a number of potential contraindications for using whole-body vibration. These include pregnancy, retinal detachment, fresh surgical wounds, joint implants, cochlear implants or having a pacemaker. If you have these conditions, the authors advise, you should avoid vibration therapy entirely.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I have two different messages one as you showed on the photo and the second one that installs on the armchair on the seat in a car. To tell the truth, it is a really good thing for relaxing muscles and general body condition. After 10 days of using it, I felt that my belly and sides tightened, and also it disperses lymph well and breaks down cellulite. Indeed, every electric massager that works with vibro waves perfectly relaxes muscles and improves blood flow. Frankly speaking, it will not help you will lose the excess weight but it really will bring the body into a completely different look and relieve you of muscle tone and back pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have one at home.  I never noticed a difference in weight loss when using it in addition to my weight lifting routine.  Logically, when you turn one of these on a higher level, there is a degree of muscle activation fighting the vibration and giving you some degree of muscle tightening equating to a workout.  I've never noticed a change in appearance or weight loss, but I am usually in the gym 4 to 5 days a week. If someone isn't active,  I wouldn't be surprised if the machine was beneficial. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RexImperius you didn't notice because there is no change. There is no evidence it works and for a good reason - because it doesn't. Yet another fad from 80's magic fitness devices sold by telling people what they wanted to hear. I thought this stuff already died out until now 😆

Best Answer
0 Votes